Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 29, 2014 -> 07:16 AM)
Monday's WWE RAW drew a year-low cable rating of 2.64. This was the lowest RAW rating since New Year's Eve 2012.

I'm sure WWE will blame Bryan for this, but the writing is horrible and there are very, very few interesting stories going on.

They are in such a holding pattern, it's ridiculous. Ratings have steadily dropped, and there's nothing to suggest that anything good is on the horizon.

Bryan's segments have actually been the highest rated on the show for the most part. But ya, they'll probably give the credit for that to Steph/HHH and blame him somehow. I know it's still supposed to be a Bryan/Authority feud but sticking him with THE DEMON Kane has made for some awful television. Cena/Wyatt has had great potential but all the respect I've gained for Cena the last few years as a wrestler I've pretty much lost for him in this feud, he's been brutal. The Shield/Evolution is really the only good thing going at the moment.

Some dude in Chicago who wears a Duncan Keith jersey a lot is probably loving this though.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
Bryan's segments have actually been the highest rated on the show for the most part. But ya, they'll probably give the credit for that to Steph/HHH and blame him somehow. I know it's still supposed to be a Bryan/Authority feud but sticking him with THE DEMON Kane has made for some awful television. Cena/Wyatt has had great potential but all the respect I've gained for Cena the last few years as a wrestler I've pretty much lost for him in this feud, he's been brutal. The Shield/Evolution is really the only good thing going at the moment.

Some dude in Chicago who wears a Duncan Keith jersey a lot is probably loving this though.

Leverage

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Anyone watching Takeover? Breeze vs Zayn was a top match of the year.

Going to watch tomorrow. Interesting cuz I haven't been impressed by Breeze yet but love Zayn.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Going to watch tomorrow. Interesting cuz I haven't been impressed by Breeze yet but love Zayn.

I get the feeling Zayn can pull a good match out of anyone. I haven't seen much of Breeze's ring work but his character seems interesting.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 30, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Takeover was good show Zayn should of been called up before Rose. Seems like WWE is using Zayn only to prep guys for callup to me.

I'll watch Takeover tomorrow or later.

Zayn doesn't really have a character or persona yet. Rose does and has been around awhile where I think they brought him up just because they may have had to. They just debuted him all wrong. That's not Rose's fault.

Ya Zayn is clearly ready for the big leagues but I don't mind them taking their time with him to actually set up a good program for him on Raw. Make it simple though, put the US Title on Cesaro and debut Zayn against him. Give them 15 or so minutes on a ppv and Zayn will instantly be over.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 31, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Zayn and Breeze was very good but because of Zayn. Breeze is a gimic to me. He's gotten better but still not in on him.

Looked like Kidd-Neville was pretty awesome too?

Natalya/Charlotte was the best women's match I've seen in years in WWE

Neville/Kidd was ok. Neville is athletic as hell but if he's every called up, I don't think he has the personality to get over.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 31, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Zayn and Breeze was very good but because of Zayn. Breeze is a gimic to me. He's gotten better but still not in on him.

I thought Breeze was a gimmick too but man I have to say we watched a different match. Zayn was great of course but it was by no means someone carrying the other IMO. Charlotte vs Natalya was awesome. Don't get the hate for Natalya. She's been basically involved in the only good women's matches I've seen from WWE. Kidd vs Neville was good. If that's the 3rd best match on the card you know you've done things right.

MOTYs so far

1. Wyatts vs Shield, Elimination Chamber

2. HHH vs Bryan, WM 30

3. Zayn vs Breeze, Takeover

4. Shield vs Evolution, Extreme Rules

5. Cesaro vs Zayn, Arrival

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
I thought Breeze was a gimmick too but man I have to say we watched a different match. Zayn was great of course but it was by no means someone carrying the other IMO. Charlotte vs Natalya was awesome. Don't get the hate for Natalya. She's been basically involved in the only good women's matches I've seen from WWE. Kidd vs Neville was good. If that's the 3rd best match on the card you know you've done things right.

MOTYs so far

1. Wyatts vs Shield, Elimination Chamber

2. HHH vs Bryan, WM 30

3. Zayn vs Breeze, Takeover

4. Shield vs Evolution, Extreme Rules

5. Cesaro vs Zayn, Arrival

Not many people bash Natalya's wrestling ability, she just has no personality whatsoever. She's the ADR of the women's division, just boring.

I'm trying to think of other matches that I could put on a top 5 list and all I could really come up with off the top of my head was Bryan-Bray at the Rumble. But ya, Wyatts-Shield is the winner here.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
What I've seen of Cena vs Wyatt, it's been pretty awesome.

Than awful finish. Is Cena refusing to lose to another younger guy?

Like him or not, Cena is the biggest star in wrestling now. Wyatt is a rookie, while I'm sure there's some examples, it's not common for the top guy to job in that situation. Wyatt is getting a huge bump from this feud. I'm sure this is Vince's choice for business reasons

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
Like him or not, Cena is the biggest star in wrestling now. Wyatt is a rookie, while I'm sure there's some examples, it's not common for the top guy to job in that situation. Wyatt is getting a huge bump from this feud. I'm sure this is Vince's choice for business reasons

He is? I completely disagree with that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
He is? I completely disagree with that.

Cena has continuously not put over younger guys in blow off matches, whomever decision it is, and it's hurt business. Only reason DB went over at SS was cuz cena was hurt.

Barrett coulda been big a few years ago but Cena didn't think he should put Barrett over. Wade finally getting out of that rut now.

Wyatt should be the next contender for DB, building off their awesome Rumble match. Not anymore.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
Of course he is, just being in the feud does it. I guess I'm over simplifying it but he's in an extended program with the top guy.

All Wyatt is getting is feed SuoerCena just like the last 10 guys he NEVER loses clean. When he does lose it is always 3 on 1 and made to look like the toughest guy on earth even in a rare defeat. RAW ratings last week were the lowest in 2 years people are sick of WWE right now and Cena is a part of the problem. Cena sells the most merchandise to kids and does a ton of make a wish wishes that is why he stays on top and never has been turned heel. Cena's shelf life is getting shorter everyday. WWE needs to create new top stars and WWE is not doing it right now by Cena winning all the F'N time.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 11:08 PM)
All Wyatt is getting is feed SuoerCena just like the last 10 guys he NEVER loses clean. When he does lose it is always 3 on 1 and made to look like the toughest guy on earth even in a rare defeat. RAW ratings last week were the lowest in 2 years people are sick of WWE right now and Cena is a part of the problem. Cena sells the most merchandise to kids and does a ton of make a wish wishes that is why he stays on top and never has been turned heel. Cena's shelf life is getting shorter everyday. WWE needs to create new top stars and WWE is not doing it right now by Cena winning all the F'N time.

Crap, I'm agreeing with Soxfest. Ha

If it was the old days, Wyatt wouldve beaten DB at Rumble like he did, got in this feud with Cena, won the blow off match, than built towards a SS match vs DB for the title where DB gets revenge. It wouldve been perfect but nope. Cena wins again. Now where does Wyatt go? Sheamus? Yawn.

Watching Payback now. Didn't read any results or anything in this thread but Gonna live post my thoughts. I missed the preshow.

Sheamus vs Cesaro was a quality match as expected. Hope the feud continues, I think it makes sense it will. Heymans promo was awesome as expected. People will probably hate the rollup ending but I think it makes sense. Protects Cesaro and keeps the belt on Sheamus.

Now Rhodes Bros getting introduced. Um what? I mean I like them but why are they here? Now Rybaxel? Why is this on the card? Where is Usos vs Wyatts. Lots of Blackhawks chants for this one.