Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
I accepted that a while ago. However I do think his ego will get him back out there eventually. And when he does, a lot of money will be made for all.

I just don't know how long he is gonna be happy doing red carpet/comic book writing/staying out of the public eye/movie jobs

He will come back eventually, but it will be longer than any of us anticipated. I know I go apes*** to hear his entrance again, and hopefully he comes back in Chicago too. The product has been bad the last couple of months besides Rollins and Ambrose.

WWE is in Liverpool taping SmackDown today and the early reports coming out on the show reveal it's not going well, at least in the sense that the crowd isn't playing along with what WWE is offering.

It's bad. It's so bad, in fact, that Vince McMahon himself apparently snapped, came out on stage, and berated the fans with a heel promo designed to get them to start responding to the action in the ring. According to various reports, he mocked the crowd, the city, claimed every other crowd on the UK tour was better, and told everyone in the arena to "have some fun, damn it".

This comes on the heels of Raw last night that featured a ton of WWE Network related chants that had to be edited out before airing the show on USA.

There's no way this will make the SyFy broadcast this coming Friday, but it's interesting to note that WWE went to these lengths to get the crowd into a show they can edit for heat later.

Per SBnation

Vince officially jumped the shark tonight!

Edited by Soxfest

Maybe if he wasn't serving up 5 hours of steaming piles every week, people would have more fun at their events.

Although, to his point, why would anyone go to something if they weren't going to have fun? I know he'd have to pay me a large sum of cash to go to any WWE event these days.

Absolute junk, week after week.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Maybe if he wasn't serving up 5 hours of steaming piles every week, people would have more fun at their events.

Although, to his point, why would anyone go to something if they weren't going to have fun? I know he'd have to pay me a large sum of cash to go to any WWE event these days.

Absolute junk, week after week.

I'm still going to Survivor Series even with the awful card. I've never not had fun at a WWE live event so I'll pay a few bucks to go even if I'm not very excited about what they're offering me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm still going to Survivor Series even with the awful card. I've never not had fun at a WWE live event so I'll pay a few bucks to go even if I'm not very excited about what they're offering me.

I haven't been to a WWE live event since Chris Jericho made his debut on Raw. There is nothing the current product has to offer that would make me consider going to one now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)
Jim Ross doing pbp for the NJPW ppv on Jan 4.

Ya don't say, slapnuts.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
Speaking of new promotions. Good Ol JR will be announcing for Jarretts company. I'm not real sure what type of thing he's running but "their" first event will be a partner show(?) with New Japan Pro Wrestling in NWJPs wrestlemania Wrestle Kingdom 9.....Gonna be kinda cool to watch that show with JR announcing.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
I haven't been to a WWE live event since Chris Jericho made his debut on Raw. There is nothing the current product has to offer that would make me consider going to one now.

They're in a tough spot right now, esp. for Survivor Series. No Bryan, no Orton, no Brock, no Reigns, no Jericho, and no Barrett, and all the while headlining the show with a match that features 10 guys....

I'm not sure what the could have done differently.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
Ya don't say, slapnuts.

I saw you posted and just skipped it, assuming you were talking about independent superstar, Rodney Hawk. ;)

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
I saw you posted and just skipped it, assuming you were talking about independent superstar, Rodney Hawk. ;)

Don't get me started on Rodney Hawk.

But ya, it's gonna be real entertaining, hope you guys check it out. Card is loaded with a lot of fun matches.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
I'm not sure what the could have done differently.

They can start by not inserting Cena into every storyline involving someone who's starting to get over.

(See Ryder, Ryback, Wyatt, Nexus, Bryan, Ambrose and on and on and on - waiting for Cena to be inserted into a Rusev storyline, if it hasn't happened already by now)

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 03:22 AM)
They can start by not inserting Cena into every storyline involving someone who's starting to get over.

(See Ryder, Ryback, Wyatt, Nexus, Bryan, Ambrose and on and on and on - waiting for Cena to be inserted into a Rusev storyline, if it hasn't happened already by now)

It's coming, Rusev has momentum as an unstoppable force. Only Cena can be that unstoppable force

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
There's no reason to not load it up with Survivor Series matches like the old days. But they'll find one.

Yeah I really wish they did this. The one SS match they do have looks s***ty as hell because they decided to put every Big guy in existence in the match.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
Yeah I really wish they did this. The one SS match they do have looks s***ty as hell because they decided to put every Big guy in existence in the match.

After work, I'm posting my SS matches they could do if they went to 4 on 4.

Actually, now that Brian inspired me to put my booker cap on....

Rollins/Kane/Wyatt/Harper/Rowan vs Cena/Ambrose/Ziggler/Show/Henry- Of course the Wyatts and Show/Henry splits would have to have been delayed.

Gold/Stardust/Miz/Mizdow/Swoggle vs Usos/Matadors/Bull- This might still happen.

Heel Divas vs Face Divas

Ryback vs Cesaro

Sheamus vs Rusev

Cena, Dolph, Show, Sheamus, orton vs Seth, Kane, Rusev, Henry, HHH.

Dean, swagger, Ryback Usos vs Bray, Harper, Rowan, Dust Bros

Diva SS match where I take a leak.

Ryder, Kofi, big E, Matadors Vs. Cesaro, miz, Sandow, Slater, Titus. Pointless match but may as well use everyone.

Nxt SS match!

Neville, Zayn, hideo, balor, mojo vs Breeze, Kidd, Ascension, Bull

According to Pwinsider.com, Great Khali is officially done with the WWE. Sources say that Khali’s contract with the company has expired and the company chose not to sign him to a new deal. Khali, who is now 42 years old, has been with the company since January of 2006.

Dumb. Poor Dolph,

It makes no sense for him to be on team Cena. He;s forced to defend the IC belt. The entire Authority is at ringside. Nobody comes and has his back and he loses. Who writes this crap? Critic?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
Dumb. Poor Dolph,

It makes no sense for him to be on team Cena. He;s forced to defend the IC belt. The entire Authority is at ringside. Nobody comes and has his back and he loses. Who writes this crap? Critic?

I didn't write this junk! I LIKE wrestling, I don't want to kill it.

The sad thing is, anyone who likes wrestling and has watched for any length of time can write better storylines than WWE "creative" has been with no trouble at all.

My favorite podcast, Smart Wrestling Fan, writes hilarious stories on the fly every week. I wish they were writing for WWE, they would make it the best show on TV.