2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me in the group that liked how Entourage rebounded from last season! Just finished watching True Blood season 3, I'll probably keep watching it but I don't understand the hype that surrounds that show, I can't stand Sookie.

Breaking Bad and SOA are currently the best shows on TV period. Can't wait to watch seasons tres!

Edited by justBLAZE

PLEASE WATCH "RUNNING WILDE" TONIGHT!!!

I begged people to get on board with "Arrested Development", and most showed up when the DVDs came out and the show got predictably FOX'd.

"Running Wilde" is the new Mitch Hurwitz (creator of AD) show, starring Will Arnett (the funniest man ever, played Gob in AD, and has had many hilarious roles since) and David Cross (also of AD fame, as well as "Mr. Show", a funny book, amusingly serious stand-up, and countless other hilarity).

It's on tonight on FOX at 9:30/8:30 CT, and it looks hilarious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
PLEASE WATCH "RUNNING WILDE" TONIGHT!!!

I begged people to get on board with "Arrested Development", and most showed up when the DVDs came out and the show got predictably FOX'd.

"Running Wilde" is the new Mitch Hurwitz (creator of AD) show, starring Will Arnett (the funniest man ever, played Gob in AD, and has had many hilarious roles since) and David Cross (also of AD fame, as well as "Mr. Show", a funny book, amusingly serious stand-up, and countless other hilarity).

It's on tonight on FOX at 9:30/8:30 CT, and it looks hilarious.

You also need to watch The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret on IFC.

http://www.ifc.com/todd-margaret/

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Thought Mother showed it may have a direction this year.

I'm guessing the wedding will be Barney/Robin.

That show became so awful the last couple of seasons, like Friends after Ross/Rachel got together. Everyone just became the same running gag over and over again (and the laugh track is so brutal). But alas, I still watch...

I think the wedding is going to be Robin and that guy that just left her. 6 episodes from now he'll come back and say what a mistake it was. Ted will be her best man.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
You also need to watch The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret on IFC.

http://www.ifc.com/todd-margaret/

Thank you, Jeremy. I've been waiting for the announcement of when IFC would be running it. I've watched the trailers on youtube too many times.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Remember when Robin was attractive on HIMYM? What the hell happened to her? Even when she was made up last night she wasn't as pretty as she used to be.

Age, and she may or may not have had a child.

Edited by Steve9347

I'm as big an AD fan as anyone but just looking at trailers and such "Running Wilde" feels like a disappointment in the making. "Raising Hope" on the other hand looks like it could be solid, I'm getting the same feel from it as I did from Modern Family last year. I'll definitely give both a chance.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
I'm as big an AD fan as anyone but just looking at trailers and such "Running Wilde" feels like a disappointment in the making. "Raising Hope" on the other hand looks like it could be solid, I'm getting the same feel from it as I did from Modern Family last year. I'll definitely give both a chance.

Early returns say both are bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
The debut of Boardwalk Empire was fantastic.

I've read the direct opposite but I read there is a lot of potential. Guess it could go either way.

I was excited about this show from the previews so I'll probably watch it tomorrow night.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
I've read the direct opposite but I read there is a lot of potential. Guess it could go either way.

I was excited about this show from the previews so I'll probably watch it tomorrow night.

I loved the 1st episode. But it's a genre I really love.

I don't know how I'm supposed to get any school work done on Sunday's with football, Dexter, Eastbound & Down, and Boardwalk Empire...