Rahm Emanuel expected to run for Chicago Mayor

Balta1701

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
I feared that

He's machine, and he's a guy who gets things done. So, like with Daley, you get the good and the bad. You get a guy who will probably run the city well, and keep Chicago humming along. But you also get a city where you know that 10% of your tax dollars are going to graft.

Alternatively, you can have a mayor who might actually clean things up, or try to (I doubt anyone can really clean house in a big way), but probably doesn't function as well.

Or worst of all, you might get a corrupt mayor who is also ineffective.

Pick your poison.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
Despite his recent struggles, a lot of people in Chicago still love Daley. Rahm doesn't have that kind of capital int he city, at least not yet, among the every day voters.

He doesn't necessarily need it with the everyday voters yet...he needs it with the machine if he wants to hit the ground running. My impression of that city is that the voters will respond to whether or not things are getting done.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
This is going to be an exercise in embarrassment for the City of Chicago.

But will it be a bigger or smaller mess than the NY gubernatorial election?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Sen. Roland Burris (D-Ill.) said over the weekend that he's been encouraged to consider running for mayor of Chicago.

via

Does he have a city pension yet?...........And there must be some extra space on his tombstone...