Arizona Fall League

scenario

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)

I know this sounds simple, but, it could be the dude just needs some rest. He recovered from a major condition and then played again this year, I'm sure that took its toll.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
I know this sounds simple, but, it could be the dude just needs some rest. He recovered from a major condition and then played again this year, I'm sure that took its toll.

Phegley Suffers Another Setback

While the original intention was to have him play in the AFL to make up some lost time, blood tests revealed that his condition had not improved enough for him to continue playing. So, fellow White Sox catching prospect Jason Bour was added to the Saguaros’ roster while Phegley went back to Indiana to work with team and personal physicians to find a remedy.

“There are still some complications from it [iTP],” said Phegley, who hit .284 [50-for-176] at Birmingham, Winston-Salem and Bristol. “We made a joint decision with the White Sox to cut the season short and take as much time as we could in the off-season to deal with the syndrome. When spring training rolls around, I want to be ready to go.

“Right now everything is still up and down and it [his blood] is not stabilizing like we thought it would. We milked it through the regular season so I could keep playing. I don’t want to do that for a long [period of] time. So we’ll do what we have to do to get it figured out.”

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 12:50 AM)
Not surprising. He had a 35% K rate in Kanny, and he hasn't played in a while.

I think, if anything, this just goes to show how raw Mitchell is. He's probably a top 3 talent in the system, but he spent a lot of time on football in college and is incredibly underdeveloped as a baseball player. You have to assume he starts next year in A-ball, probably in W-S, and if he shows enough there, then you can promote him to BHam midseason, and it honestly might not be a bad idea to put him back in Kanny.