Pew Religious Knowledge Survey

Soxy

So, a recent pew survey found that Agnostics and Atheists did the best on this survey. I thought it might be interesting to see how everyone does here.

A link to the survey can be found here: http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/?

I got a 15/15, and am a weekly service attending Anglican.

And just in advance, no religion snarking here.

I got 13/15. I got "Which Bible figure is most closely associated with remaining obedient to God despite suffering?" and "What religion do most people in Pakistan consider themselves?" With both my initial response WOULD have been right, but I second guessed myself. I am a life long Lutheran.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Transubstantiation is an odd ritual.

If anyone is interested in biblical archeology, I'd recommend The Bible Unearthed. It goes through the Pentateuch and a couple of other Old Testament books and attempts to explain when and why the various stories were developed, recorded and edited and also compares what is in the Bible with what archeology reveals about ancient Israel. It's friendly material for biblical literalists, but I found it pretty interesting. I learned more about those books of the bible and the chronology of Israel (biblical and non-biblical) than I had ever known before, and it gave me new appreciation for the stories and the people.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
15/15.

That many people haven't heard of the Great Awakening? I thought it was a prominent part of High School history courses. I guess it's not surprising considering some of the things many Americans don't know about U.S. History.

We actually cover the effects in middle school history, yet I missed it. And I do not know my Tao. I bow to everyone here who went 15/15.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
14/15. Also got the last one wrong. 12 years Catholic school. Little break from the weekly thing in my 20's. Weekly participant now in my late 30's.

Just when you thought you were out. . . they keep pulling you back in!

15/15, although I guessed between two choices on the Great Awakening one. Mennonite here.

I wondered whether atheists and agnostics scoring best on the survey was just a correlation of education levels rather than a consequence of religious blinders.

Edited by JorgeFabregas