2010-2011 NBA Thread

Broadcast on TNT brought something up today that confirmed a thought I had before the game...but in all of the games the Bulls have played against the Heat this year, they made all their runs to either get back into the game or take a lead in the 3rd quarter.

Seems like there's a lot of adjustments going on in the Bulls' locker room at half-time while the Heat change nothing.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)
I was really worried in that first quarter. Bulls were staying close, but had been completely out played (other than on the offensive glass).

Half of that quarter was unbearable to watch. The Heat clamped down on D and the Bulls couldn't make anything. Rose was throwing up air-balls. Plus, our interior D was terrible. That Deng 3 on the Noah offensive board really turned things around though.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:36 AM)
man, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook are quite the nerdy tandem.. I don't know whats worse, Durants backpack or the thick black framed glasses Westbrook was wearing..

Glasses.

I have this feeling that Wade is going to come up with an injury that will make him a hero if he has a great series from this point forth, or will give him a convenient excuse if he has a miserable series. When he left in the third quarter and stayed out of the game so long, he looked like he was pretty beat up.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
What can you guys make of this facebook status progression?

Dave (Bulls fan from Chicago, IL): "Lets go all you ban wagon heat n lebron fans"

Joe (Lakers fan, LBJ lover from Bettendorf, IA): "omg! bandwagon? please, Chicago fans are bandwagon! lol! just look at all the blackhawk fans all of a sudden"

Dave: "Blackhawks r not apart of chicago. Just like hockey is not n american sport"

Joe: "ha tell that to all the chicago fans. After the NHL playoffs the Bulls increased their ticket prices and sales...hmmm"

Dave: "Ur right. Or maybe it could b rose, boozer, n the revamped roster which got chicago fans excited and amped to see them play...Or the fact that the bulls have been on the rise the past 2 years. With last year being the rise of chicago'sbulls 1st all star which got the city excited for. But ur right its cus of the blackhawks winning the cup for increase n tick sales"

Joe: "haha yeah right, chicago fans were too busy hating on Lebrons decision over the summer to care for Boozer. Rose is only averaging 4ppg and 1.5 apg more than last year, not THAT impressive. But yeah an MVP trophy makes a lot of people jump on your dick lol Where were they when he won rookie of the year? or took Boston to a 7 game series as the 7 seed?...nope, being #1 in the league is the main source...just like the blackhawks last year, smh"

Dave: "Lol sorry maybe you should act watch bulls games n nkt rhe ones on tnt n espn"

Joe: "LMAO! Are you s***ting me? have you forgotten Janko is my suitmate? LMAO!"

Dave: "LMFAOO I did 4get. Stop blowing up this post trying to watch the game dammit lol"

Joe: "lol aight enjoy bro"

Joe is a known Chicago fan instigator, Lakers fan and LBJ blow-jobber. Is any of what he arguing true? Are Chicago fans truly fairweather and only go out in full force or care when they are winning?

Look at the Bulls historical attendance levels. They stayed over 20k a night even in the worst of years.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Have to love our humility. Deng just shut down one of the best players in the NBA (if not one of the best stat sheet fillers of all time), and he has the intelligence to say "I didn't do anything. He just had an off night." And of course Derrick is always very humble.

Hard not to love this team.

I loved it in the press conference where Thibs literally said "we had a good game, we've got some things we need to tighten up".

You think if Spoelstra won by 20 he'd be talking about things the heat need to tighten up?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Have to love our humility. Deng just shut down one of the best players in the NBA (if not one of the best stat sheet fillers of all time), and he has the intelligence to say "I didn't do anything. He just had an off night." And of course Derrick is always very humble.

Hard not to love this team.

It is true though. If LeBron is on, there isn't much Deng could have done.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
Broadcast on TNT brought something up today that confirmed a thought I had before the game...but in all of the games the Bulls have played against the Heat this year, they made all their runs to either get back into the game or take a lead in the 3rd quarter.

Seems like there's a lot of adjustments going on in the Bulls' locker room at half-time while the Heat change nothing.

There's more than that though...a team like the Heat can run on adrenaline and athleticism against a clamping down defense like the Bulls, but the Bulls are so deep, throwing so many different looks at a team like the Heat that their one-trick game starts to slow down.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)

That's where basketball IQs for both the coaches and the players come into play.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:38 AM)
I loved it in the press conference where Thibs literally said "we had a good game, we've got some things we need to tighten up".

You think if Spoelstra won by 20 he'd be talking about things the heat need to tighten up?

He'd be too busy trying to stop LeBron from crying again in the lockerroom.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
It is true though. If LeBron is on, there isn't much Deng could have done.

But there's a way to keep Lebron from being on.

If you turn Lebron into a jumpshooter, he's not great any more. He's great when he gets to use his athleticism to drive into the lane, or when he can generate steals and get out into the open court, or when he's given wide open looks. Since he never developed a postup game, if you don't turn the ball over and you keep people in front of him so that the penetration is slowed down, you've got him.

When people started catching up to #23, that's when he developed that fadeaway shot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:36 AM)
Look at the Bulls historical attendance levels. They stayed over 20k a night even in the worst of years.

The lowest they got at the beginning of the decade was 18,934. That being said, if that many people came out to see teams that went 17-65, 15-67, & 21-61, that's a pretty committed fan base. You are gonna get bandwagon fans anytime you have a winner, it happened with the Sox, the Blackhawks, and now with the Bulls.

Like someone else said, if the Bulls play like last night 7 more times, the title is theirs. Still not gonna get too excited, it's still only one game on your home court, gotta keep up the pressure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
That's where basketball IQs for both the coaches and the players come into play.

Lebron and Wade's basketball IQs are really high. But it comes down to what balta just said. If lebron is going to beat the bulls, I want it to be because he got hot shooting contesting jumpers. As long as he's not getting wide open looks, it's not a high pct. shot for him. The bulls played great, but the heat will make some adjustments. The bulls just have to keep their home court.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Lebron and Wade's basketball IQs are really high. But it comes down to what balta just said. If lebron is going to beat the bulls, I want it to be because he got hot shooting contesting jumpers. As long as he's not getting wide open looks, it's not a high pct. shot for him. The bulls played great, but the heat will make some adjustments. The bulls just have to keep their home court.

The Heat actually did a number of things well. They shot 47% thanks to Bosh having a good game, which is not likely to resume. They were %age.

What they didn't do well was taking care of the boards, which they're simply not likely to do for the whole series.

Otherwise, they need the Bulls to make mistakes. If the Bulls turn the ball over or commit stupid fouls, that is how the Heat starts to beat people.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)

It sure didn't look like it last night. Honestly they pretty much quit when they got down double digits. The Big Two just disappeared, and did nothing to try to take the game over.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 16, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Taj's grandkids are going to tell their grandkids who are going to tell their grandkids about the last dunk.

The dunk on Wade was way better. Going through someone is always more impressive to me.