2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my grandfather was the biggest mavericks fan I ever knew. He was probably as big of a Mavs fan as I am a white sox fan. He would come to thanksgiving every year from Dallas and would always want to know if the Mavericks were somehow on tv in Chicago. He passed away last summer, and I know he would have absolutely loved this. I hope hes somewhere smiling right now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
This may be one of Miami's weaker years, I think in the future you will see improvement. Lebron/Wade need to figure out how that team is going to run, because its clearly not functioning correctly.

Good point

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
This may be one of Miami's weaker years, I think in the future you will see improvement. Lebron/Wade need to figure out how that team is going to run, because its clearly not functioning correctly.

It's all about the CBA for them now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
I've seen enough. Dirk is the best player in the league and now a top 10 great. Coldest white boy I've ever seen. Larry Bird would be Kyle Korver in today's league.

The first part, possibly. The rest, no. You need more than one ring to be top-10, and Larry Bird was basically Dirk with much better passing.

LeBron sucks. His Cavs teams of '09 and '10 are the only team in history to fnish with the best record in the league consecutive years and not even get to the finals, let alone win the title. He gets Wade AND Bosh and STILL can't win it. I'm done pimpin' LeBron. This is Dirk's league.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
my grandfather was the biggest mavericks fan I ever knew. He was probably as big of a Mavs fan as I am a white sox fan. He would come to thanksgiving every year from Dallas and would always want to know if the Mavericks were somehow on tv in Chicago. He passed away last summer, and I know he would have absolutely loved this. I hope hes somewhere smiling right now.

It's like seeing the Cubs win a title. The Mavericks were beyond abysmal all during my childhood. It's amazing what an owner like Cuban can do for a franchise single-handedly.

However the CBA works, they will get to keep Wade/Lebron, its Bosh thats up in the air. For all I said bad about Wade, he really stepped up in the finals, its just a question of Wade/Lebron playing that way together. It just doesnt seem to happen like it should. Losing Bosh could potentially even help them because they may not feel the need to force it a third guy.

As long as they have Wade/Lebron Miami is going to be a nightmare team.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
The first part, possibly. The rest, no. You need more than one ring to be top-10, and Larry Bird was basically Dirk with much better passing.

Larry Bird was slow and had about as much athleticism as Robin Williams. He did his thing during his time. Dirk is great in any time. Dirk > Bird

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Larry Bird was slow and had about as much athleticism as Robin Williams. He did his thing during his time. Dirk is great in any time. Dirk > Bird

I must have missed the part where Dirk was flying up and down the floor and dominating in transition.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
I must have missed the part where Dirk was flying up and down the floor and dominating in transition.

Could you imagine Bird trying to get his shot off against the athletic freaks of nature we have in the league today? I'm not saying he would suck. But he wouldn't be as dominant as he was during the 80's. That's for certain.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Could you imagine Bird trying to get his shot off against the athletic freaks of nature we have in the league today? I'm not saying he would suck. But he wouldn't be as dominant as he was during the 80's. That's for certain.

By that logic Babe Ruth would have been pretty awful.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
However the CBA works, they will get to keep Wade/Lebron, its Bosh thats up in the air. For all I said bad about Wade, he really stepped up in the finals, its just a question of Wade/Lebron playing that way together. It just doesnt seem to happen like it should. Losing Bosh could potentially even help them because they may not feel the need to force it a third guy.

Honestly I came away from the playoffs impressed be Bosh. He dominated the bulls and except for game one and two he had a really solid finals. Not bad for a guy that had never won a playoff game before this year.

Saw Lebron was the first Miami player to walk out at the end, did he even shake anyone's hand from Dallas? If not, obviously hasn't learned from the backlash of 2 years ago, just a CLASSLESS individual.

Congrats to Dallas and to Nowitski, his legacy as a bonafide star in the NBA is complete now you would think.

EDIT: Just saw Kap's post. Oh well.

They also used to have actual centers in the 80's and allow you to play defense. Lets not forget that Bird was also a SMALL FORWARD for most of his career.

What kind of NBA freak is going to be blocking a 6'9 player that shot like this?

larry-bird.2.jpg

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)

They're going to be tough with those two, but no matter how talented a team is, nothing is ever guaranteed. Health issues could pop up, LBJs curious vanishing act in the 4th could become the norm, they might not entirely jell and other things can occur.