2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
How stupid does Scottie Pippen feel right about now? That dumbass still to this day doesn't realize that MJ made him what he was. Scottie - MJ= Reggie Lewis or something.

This might be the dumbest post I've read in this thread. Seriously

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
And that's fine. Pippen was ten times the choke artist LeBron is. He just had Michael. Simple as that.

Sigh... Go watch some film, then come back and apologize. This is as dumb as Scottie claiming Lebron is as good as MJ.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
Sigh... Go watch some film, then come back and apologize. This is as dumb as Scottie claiming Lebron is as good as MJ.

LeBron is twice the player Pippen was. Get over your hate for LeBron (even I admit he's overrated now. But still great), and your love for Pippen (you're obviously a Bulls fan) and realize no Pippen-led team would've won a damn thing. I still can't get over a 21-year old Kobe serving Scottie's ass in 2000.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
They need to somehow find legit talent for the bench, one guy that can come in and average 10 ppg. Playing an expired Mike Bibby, Eddy House, Juwan Howard, etc just isn't going to cut it.

They also need a legit talent at PG and C in the starting lineup. Outside of tonights abysmal game, Mario Chalmers started to make some progress. But he still got abused by JJ Barea all series long.

From what I can tell, Miami seems to have the 31st pick in the draft, so they might be able to add a legit talent to the rotation. I'm just hoping they somehow can end up with an athletic center that can defender, rebound, and not worry about having to score.

I like Chalmers at the point for them personally. He's a decent shooter and usually a capable defender. It'd be hard for them to find much better with their limited budget. You just have to hope he plays a little smarter with experience. If Mike Miller gets healthy, I think he fits that 10 PPG type that can punish people from deep. Someone else that can get hot certainly wouldn't hurt.

That center you mention at the end would definitely be what I would focus on though. Joel Anthony fits a lot better as a 4th big. If they can even find a Kendrick Perkins type that can average like 8-6 and defend, that'd be huge.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
LeBron is twice the player Pippen was. Get over your hate for LeBron (even I admit he's overrated now. But still great), and your love for Pippen (you're obviously a Bulls fan) and realize no Pippen-led team would've won a damn thing. I still can't get over a 21-year old Kobe serving Scottie's ass in 2000.

A Pippen-led Bulls' team with a starting lineup of BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers, Horace Grant and the Cartwright/Longley/Wennington/King/Williams revolving door at center would have had a legit shot at the title if not for a bad call by Hue Hollins.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
A Pippen-led Bulls' team with Horace Grant as the #2 scorer was a bad Hue Hollins call away from getting a shot against Hakeem and his merry band of role players for the title.

Nah, that was all MJ still. Pippen was a glorified role player.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
A Pippen-led Bulls' team with Horace Grant as the #2 scorer was a bad Hue Hollins call away from getting a shot against Hakeem and his merry band of role players for the title.

So we're going to pretend the Pacers, who took out the Shaq/Penny Magic in a sweep, the #1 seed in Atlanta in 6 games and pushed the Knicks to 7 games (lost 94-90 in game 7) didn't exist? There is absolutely no guarantee the Bulls would've beaten the Pacers, let alone the Rockets, without HC advantage.

‎"Doesn't matter cause at the end of the day, those people are still going to wake up tomorrow with their problems. I'm going to wake up great tomorrow" - LeBron James.

Soooo he tries to s*** on his critics and fails badly. This quote pretty much confirms everything his critics say about him.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
No. First of all, its hard to be a bandwagon fan before any games have been played.. secondly as I already explained during last summer, I am not a huge NBA fan and have really never had a favorite team outside of following the Bulls when they had Jordan due to my mom and being from Chicago and then following Orlando when they had Shaq and Penny.. I already liked LeBron and Wade as individual players as it is..

Um what?

Also, LOL Lebron with your postgame presser. We all still have to wake up with personal problems tomorrow? That's your answer to that question?

Will they throw another pre-celebration for next year's championship during this off-season?

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)

No LeBron led team has won a damn thing either. And Pippen had the Bulls close 2 years in a row with BJ Armstrong and Toni Kukoc as his 2nd leading scorers.

And WTF, Kobe "serving" a 34 year old Pippen. Impressive.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
‎"Doesn't matter cause at the end of the day, those people are still going to wake up tomorrow with their problems. I'm going to wake up great tomorrow" - LeBron James.

Soooo he tries to s*** on his critics and fails badly. This quote pretty much confirms everything his critics say about him.

Drop dead, LeBron.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
So we're going to pretend the Pacers, who took out the Shaq/Penny Magic in a sweep, the #1 seed in Atlanta in 6 games and pushed the Knicks to 7 games (lost 94-90 in game 7) didn't exist? There is absolutely no guarantee the Bulls would've beaten the Pacers, let alone the Rockets, without HC advantage.

1) I mis-remembered, thought that they played them in the conference finals. I editted my previous post a bit.

2) I never said they would beat Houston, just that they would have had a legit shot at a ring.

3) The Pacers weren't exactly a juggernaut, they won 47 games and went 1-4 against the Bulls in the regular season. Reggie Miller was the only reason they challenged the Knicks, and Pippen likely would have guarded him down the stretch. New York was easily the toughest team in the East, I don't really care that Atlanta won 57 games too.

Edit- Oh, and Dominque Wilkins didn't even play in the post-season. Atlanta's lineup in the post-season was Mookie Blaylock, Stacy Augmon, Craig Ehlo, Danny Manning and Kevin Willis. AWESOME team!

4) As I editted in, that wasn't exactly a stellar supporting cast either. The starting lineup was BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers, Scottie, Horace Grant, and the four headed monster of mediocre centers.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I love sports because of moments like these. This is a lesson every dad who watched this series is gonna teach their kids, there are no easy ways to success. If you're a loser you're gonna lose no matter how good of a situation you put yourself in.

f*** LeBron, kings get rings.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
No LeBron led team has won a damn thing either. And Pippen had the Bulls close 2 years in a row with BJ Armstrong and Toni Kukoc as his 2nd leading scorers.

And WTF, Kobe "serving" a 34 year old Pippen. Impressive.

2 years in a row? They lost in the second round in both '94 and '95. And I don't recall anybody serving up a 34-year old MJ. Though MJ is worlds better than Pippen. Still, the Blazers were up 16 points in game 7 against the Lakers in the 4th quarter. Pippen's line that quarter: 0/3 from the field and 1 point.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
1) I mis-remembered, thought that they played them in the conference finals. I editted my previous post a bit.

2) I never said they would beat Houston, just that they would have had a legit shot at a ring.

3) The Pacers weren't exactly a juggernaut, they won 47 games and went 1-4 against the Bulls in the regular season. Reggie Miller was the only reason they challenged the Knicks, and Pippen likely would have guarded him down the stretch. New York was easily the toughest team in the East, I don't really care that Atlanta won 57 games too.

4) As I editted in, that wasn't exactly a stellar supporting cast either. The starting lineup was BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers, Scottie, Horace Grant, and the four headed monster of mediocre centers.

I know they weren't a juggernaut. But they peaked at the right time. They were an offense rebound away from at least tying that game 7 and sending it into OT. And LeBron did more in Cleveland with arguably a worst cast in '07 and '09.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Mark Cuban just dropped "our fans just punked the s*** outta Heat fans"

I think you're going to owe the NBA some money after that one.

Still worth it.

I can't stand that guy either.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
I think some of you guys need to go find the definition of a bandwagon fan

Oh OK, since you became a fan during the summer after the moves happened, you are a true fan.

My apologies. Sorry for the loss tonight.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Oh OK, since you became a fan during the summer after the moves happened, you are a true fan.

My apologies. Sorry for the loss tonight.

No worries, they'll be back.. appreciate your sympathy though

Lebron's gonna feel great tomorrow?

At some point you wonder if that guy even cares at this point. No doubt you'll see rumors of Spoelstra being thrown under the bus coming out from Lebron's crew over the next 24-48 hours, pretty inevitable really.