Just a reminder and wondering about Palin

Texsox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
I'm just baffled how seemingly intelligent people can actually defend her and want her to lead our nation. She is a mean spirited person that thrives on negative attacks, polarizes, frowns upon being well read/educated, and seems to lie about things for no particular reason. Sure I'm as liberal as they get but I can at least respect politicians across the aisle that I differ in policy who act civil.

Almost all of those sound like Bill Clinton honestly.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Well yeah, I mean I was still a kid when he was in office, but I didn't get that impression from him. Lots of other impressions, but not that one.

I guess I consider lying about people and their reputations pretty mean spirited, especially both under oath and in speeches to the American public.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
I guess I consider lying about people and their reputations pretty mean spirited, especially both under oath and in speeches to the American public.

By saying he did not have sex with Lewinsky? That seems more kind spirited (wrong, I'm not defending him lying) but it does seem like along with trying to save his own ass, he was helping her.

And for those thinking of voting for her, remember her response to Couric regarding the bank bailout:

That’s why I say, I, like every American I’m speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in, where it is the taxpayers looking to bailout. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy—helping the—Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track… And trade we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

Here we go again, Palin from her new book America by Heart:

Certainly his wife expressed this view when she said during the 2008 campaign that she had never felt proud of her country until her husband started winning elections. In retrospect, I guess this shouldn't surprise us, since both of them spent almost two decades in the pews of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church listening to his rants against America and white people.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Here we go again, Palin from her new book America by Heart:

haha...That's exactly what she said. How dare she use Mrs Obama's own words against her. Now I'm not rooting for Palin here, I hope she is not seeking the presidency, but you libs are out of control. Let it go. It's unbelievable how tingly she makes you all feel.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
haha...That's exactly what she said. How dare she use Mrs Obama's own words against her. Now I'm not rooting for Palin here, I hope she is not seeking the presidency, but you libs are out of control. Let it go. It's unbelievable how tingly she makes you all feel.

She's not a viable candidate in the general anyway. Last couple polls I saw for theoretical elections, even with Obama's favoribility as low as its ever been, he still beats Palin by 8-10 points.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)

She's a complete moron who is going out of her way to get the spotlight. It's sort of hard to ignore her. Reality shows, Dancing with the Stars, Fox News, books, etc. She's everywhere...spewing her ignorance.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
She's a complete moron who is going out of her way to get the spotlight. It's sort of hard to ignore her. Reality shows, Dancing with the Stars, Fox News, books, etc. She's everywhere...spewing her ignorance.

And that's clearly her marketing style - deluge. Put her name and face in front of people so constantly that they just sort of assume she's the one for the nomination.

Of course, history indicates that most of the time, the person seemingly in the lead before the primaries start, usually isn't the one who wins the nomination.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
Of course, history indicates that most of the time, the person seemingly in the lead before the primaries start, usually isn't the one who wins the nomination.

Really? I'd say it's a tossup. Bush in 2000, Gore in 2000, Dole in '96, McCain in 2008 (March 2007 poll had him leading over 9iu11ani).

McCain's campaign was also dead in the water by August of 2007. He had a last minute ressurection. Kerry was not considered the front runner once Wes Clark rolled into the race in 2003. Hillary was the frontrunner in 2007. I don't remember the 2000 race all that well, but there wasn't a clear frontrunner for sometime in 1999 IIRC. Nobody thought it was going to be Clinton in 1991. The only time where it seemed that the nominee was clear well in advance, in my opinion, unless it was assumed from Pres or VP incumbency was 1996 when the GOP decided it was Dole's turn.

I'm saying it will be Palin/Thune or Palin/Rubio. She will win the Iowa Caucus and will easily win the South Carolina primary. The only real obstacle will come from a candidate who can win both New Hampshire and Nevada. In the last several contested primaries, no GOP candidate has secured the nomination without winning South Carolina.

http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/11...n-has-over.html

#2? She volunteered with the PTA!

also

As her state's chief executive, Palin not only oversaw 15,000 state employees and a $12 billion budget, she was immersed in the threats facing our nation as her state is the first line of defense against rogue ballistic and nuclear weapons that might be fired from North Korea or the former Soviet Union.

Because I'm bored atm I'll just point out a couple of obvious things:

1) The military and national defense is run by the federal government. It specifically says so in that there Constertushin thingamajig I always hear people talking about but who apparently haven't actually read it. If North Korea decides to launch ballistic (especially nuclear) missiles at Alaska, that's got nothing to do with the governor of Alaska. Nobody's activating the Alaska National Guard to stop missiles from North Korea after they're launched.

2) Someone needs to teach them about ICBMs and how they work. If Russia (or the "former Soviet Union" if you insist) figures one day it wants to commit national suicide and initiate a nuclear attack of any size against us (they won't) everyone is f***ed anyway so this would be irrelevant. And we especially wouldn't be counting on the governor of Alaska's leadership. Come on now. "A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought." -Ronald Reagan

3) Someone should point out she quit that job because her feelings were being hurt.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
Because I'm bored atm I'll just point out a couple of obvious things:

1) The military and national defense is run by the federal government. It specifically says so in that there Constertushin thingamajig I always hear people talking about but who apparently haven't actually read it. If North Korea decides to launch ballistic (especially nuclear) missiles at Alaska, that's got nothing to do with the governor of Alaska. Nobody's activating the Alaska National Guard to stop missiles from North Korea after they're launched.

2) Someone needs to teach them about ICBMs and how they work. If Russia (or the "former Soviet Union" if you insist) figures one day it wants to commit national suicide and initiate a nuclear attack of any size against us (they won't) everyone is f***ed anyway so this would be irrelevant. And we especially wouldn't be counting on the governor of Alaska's leadership. Come on now. "A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought." -Ronald Reagan

3) Someone should point out she quit that job because her feelings were being hurt.

In her defense, and I can't believe I'm actually offering a little defense, relations with Russia (or w/Mexico for Perry) are a slightly more important topic than say if she were the Governor of North Carolina.