OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD

Texsox

McConnell is instead going to hold a vote on a full repeal that can pass with only 50 votes, which originally passed back in 2015. That version kicks 32 million people off of health care.

That particular bill is even worse than s straight repeal.

Edited by StrangeSox

Trump dropping repeal, says he will "Let Obamacare fail."

To me that means, "Obamacare isn't that bad. I just wanted to replace it because the black guy implemented it. Aw shucks."

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)

To me that means, "Obamacare isn't that bad. I just wanted to replace it because the black guy implemented it. Aw shucks."

And instead of trying to fix it, just do what you can to let it fail, and then say, see I told you, I'm so smart. He is truly a rotten human being.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)

If they don't pay insurance cost-sharing subsidies or they refuse to enforce the mandate penalties the entire ACA Marketplace will collapse within 1 fiscal year and there will be no such thing as an individual insurance market. They can do this.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Republicans will be running on Obamacare for another decade

I disagree...

They'd get laughed at, they have the House, Senate and a dope at the WH who'll sign anything the hardcore rightwing of the GOP wants...and they still failed.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Called it...bill is dead, have to move on to tax reform and budget reconciliation.

The problem is losing those potential offsets in Medicaid savings AND ever Senator furious they still have to go on record with a vote that has no chance of passing but that will be hung around their necks from primary challengers and/or the Dems in 2018 and especially 2020.

See Flake and Heller, in particular.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
Guys, this very much is not over. They'll simply decide not to fund the ACA and it will die. They'll create the outcome that causes it to fail.

Of course, and hopefully they will be held accountable. Using Americans and their health as pawns for political gain is beyond disgusting. It really should be criminal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
Of course, and hopefully they will be held accountable. Using Americans and their health as pawns for political gain is beyond disgusting. It really should be criminal.

It was the Mexicans fault.

Andrew Beatty @AndrewBeatty

Some worried looks from Trump allies in the State Dinning Room when he just promised healthcare premiums will drop 60-70 percent

11:50 AM - 19 Jul 2017

363 363 Retweets 591 591 likes

Major Garrett @MajorCBS

"The people of this country need more than repeal. We are very close. You will have forms of insurance you don't even know about." @POTUS

12:15 PM - 19 Jul 2017

7 7 Retweets 10 10 likes

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
Forms of insurance you wont even know about? WTF

He is a child that is trapped in the body of an old man.

"And then the death star showed up, blasted its laser, and I reflected the beams to destroy it! ! It gets blown into a infinity pieces!"