Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
The Werth contract is ridiculous. Makes Dunn look like a bargain.

Adam Dunn is 7 months younger than Jayson Werth and the much more impactful player.

Dunn - 4/56

Werth - 7/126

Kenny Williams is a genius for jumping the market.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I'm sick of ATT UVerse not offering MLB Network. This is the time where I really NEED MLB Network. Dammit...

Like I said before... I wouldn't be surprised if KW packaged Quentin and and/or Viciedo (and maybe even Floyd or Jackson) together in a trade for a stud outfielder.

Can you imagine how good the Sox line up would have been if we moved on David DeJesus before Oakland snagged him?

maybe quentin and viciedo could be offered up for rasmus??

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
maybe quentin and viciedo could be offered up for rasmus??

Who is the Cardinals Center Fielder in this situation, Lance Berkman, Matt Holliday, Carlos Quentin, or Dayan Viciedo?

And how much better do they get when they bench their current 1b to get Viciedo some at bats?

ChuckGarfien White Sox meeting with Paul Konerko's agent Craig Landis at 11am eastern. Diamondbacks reportedly making big push.

about 2 hours ago

So we should hear something on the sox front shortly. One way or the other.

I agree KW has been a master this offseason and I think he has a few more aces up his sleeve. Both in the trade market and free agent wise. I have a good feeling. With JR in Orlando I'm thinking we may be going after someone else big and JR is there for approval, not just for Paulie. I really think this week will be memorable for the southsiders.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
I agree KW has been a master this offseason and I think he has a few more aces up his sleeve. Both in the trade market and free agent wise. I have a good feeling. With JR in Orlando I'm thinking we may be going after someone else big and JR is there for approval, not just for Paulie. I really think this week will be memorable for the southsiders.

I hope you are right...would love Konerko, but would also love to see Viciedo get a shot at DH/1st with Dunn. Maybe we trade Pierre and sign Crawford...ha...I wish.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
That is quite unlikely, but could you imagine? Quentin would have to go away. Plus, how much does Ichiro get paid?

Ichiro is one guy that you really don't care how much he's paid, because, just thanks to the added interest and viewership and ad sales in Japan, you make up most of the money. It's nearly $20 million, but it's a $20 million check and an extra $25 million in revenue.

SI_JonHeyman #dbacks thought reynolds was getting costly. Worth it for #orioles, who still can't attract free agents.

7 minutes ago

SI_JonHeyman #dbacks looking hard at derrek lee for 1B. May consider melvin mora for 3B platoon.

10 minutes ago

sounds like it's down to us and Texas fr Pualie wall Nuts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Ichiro is one guy that you really don't care how much he's paid, because, just thanks to the added interest and viewership and ad sales in Japan, you make up most of the money. It's nearly $20 million, but it's a $20 million check and an extra $25 million in revenue.

That's a good point. Imagine the jersey sales.

If you could subtract Buehrle or Peavy from the payroll, then Ichiro would actually fit nicely. Of course, the M's wouldn't take on either of those two contracts, but I'd think they would be interested in Viciedo/Mitchell/Sale (some combination of one of them) + Quentin + Floyd/Danks for Ichiro.

As mentioned before, he basically pays for himself. Now he's lost a couple of steps and not the same player he was a decade ago when he was in his prime, but he's far from Ken Griffey, Jr., Manny Ramirez or Roberto Remember the Alomar.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Watch KW get Ichiro this week.

I know it won't happen, BUT if you added Ichiro to this team along with PK coming back... would the Sox have a lot of national writers and reporters picking them to go to the World Series? I think the national attention would HAVE to be there then.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)

An outfield of Pierre, Rios, and Ichiro? Sure, why not.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
jaysonst

Hearing #RedSox viewed #WhiteSox as main competition on Adrian Gonzalez.

Adam Dunn AND Adrian Gonzalez???

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
This kind of latent blather needs to stop! I'm too old to pop wood before noon!

This.