Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Honestly, it wouldn't take that much money to make me go to Arizona. I can really see where Paulie would be coming from, if he decides to jump ship. I don't think he will, but it wouldn't shock me.

wut? The guy already lives there in the offseason (and preseason). Looking at it from a baseball perspective, why would he want to play on a s*** team in the same division as the world champs?

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Ozzie: Pk knows we want him. Kenny and jerry have talked about it. The direction we are going in is a good one.

Ozzie: Sale or thornton is the closer in my mind right now

Ozzie: Biggest concern is to keep carlos quentin healthy and get him the at-bats he needs

Ozzie on if PK is back: I want Dunn to hit in first innng so I might bat him third. May put Rios fourth to get speed between Dunn and PK - WTF?

This all from Scott Reifert.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. lol, yeah you want Dunn to bat in the first inning where he'll take his .400 OBP with nobody on base and two outs like 40% of the time. Great idea.

And batting Rios 4th when you have Konerko and Dunn? Ewww

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
InsideTheSox Ozzie on if PK is back: I want Dunn to hit in first innng so I might bat him third. May put Rios fourth to get speed between Dunn and PK

3 minutes ago

interesting nugget

Not sure I like the idea of Rios hitting 4th. In my ideal world, he would hit 6th. But CQ would have to return to 2008 form.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. lol, yeah you want Dunn to bat in the first inning where he'll take his .400 OBP with nobody on base and two outs like 40% of the time. Great idea.

And batting Rios 4th when you have Konerko and Dunn? Ewww

I don't see the problem batting Dunn 3rd. Wouldn't you want the slugger with the higher OBP batting 3rd? Batting Rios 4th makes less sense.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
I don't see the problem batting Dunn 3rd. Wouldn't you want the slugger with the higher OBP batting 3rd? Batting Rios 4th makes less sense.

Ideally, you'd want your best hitter hitting 4th. It depends on the lineup, but in our lineup's case, you're looking at a .320 OBP in Alexei and a .330 in Pierre for the 1 and 2 spots. Dunn wouldn't have many hitters on if he hit 3rd so you'd be wasting his bat in the first around 35% of the time.

I'd much rather have Dunn leadoff the second than hit with nobody on and two outs in the first.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
Ideally, you'd want your best hitter hitting 4th. It depends on the lineup, but in our lineup's case, you're looking at a .320 OBP in Alexei and a .330 in Pierre for the 1 and 2 spots. Dunn wouldn't have many hitters on if he hit 3rd so you'd be wasting his bat in the first around 35% of the time.

I'd much rather have Dunn leadoff the second than hit with nobody on and two outs in the first.

I thought you want your best hitter hitting 3rd and your biggest hitter (HR hitter) batting cleanup.

Braunecker says they have visited with "significantly more clubs" than just the Yankees and Rangers, tweets MLB.com's Bryan Hoch.  Braunecker is in the process of setting up meetings.

Would love to see KW go all in with PK and CLee and then trade Floyd or another sp for young prospects. Sign putz and Balfour or gurrier for the bp and be a star on the offseason. Pipe dream I know while I'm dreaming go get ichrio for right while trading CQ. Lol that's all KW

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
I thought you want your best hitter hitting 3rd and your biggest hitter (HR hitter) batting cleanup.

Depends on what you mean by best hitter. Adam Dunn is the best hitter on this team, but some people might not believe that since he can't hit for average.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Braunecker says they have visited with "significantly more clubs" than just the Yankees and Rangers, tweets MLB.com's Bryan Hoch.  Braunecker is in the process of setting up meetings.

Would love to see KW go all in with PK and CLee and then trade Floyd or another sp for young prospects. Sign putz and Balfour or gurrier for the bp and be a star on the offseason. Pipe dream I know while I'm dreaming go get ichrio for right while trading CQ. Lol that's all KW

Did a Steinbrenner buy the team? :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)

Is that Cliff Lee's agent I take it?

I don't think it's as simple as best hitter = run producer. Ichiro's a much better hitter than Ryan Howard, for example. But I think in general you put your most complete hitter in the 3-hole. Dunn doesn't quite fit that criteria, but I think his OBP makes him the best fit there.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
I don't think it's as simple as best hitter = run producer. Ichiro's a much better hitter than Ryan Howard, for example. But I think in general you put your most complete hitter in the 3-hole. Dunn doesn't quite fit that criteria, but I think his OBP makes him the best fit there.

See, you think the best hitter is a guy who hits for a high average. '

Bucket of suck thinks the best hitter is the guy who produces the most runs.

There's a difference of opinion as to what characteristic the best hitter should have...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)

There's a difference of opinion as to what characteristic the best hitter should have...

You don't need high averages to win games...you need runs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)

But in both cases we can agree that the 'run producer' hits 4th and guy with the best average hits 3rd.