white sox the mystery team for Adrian Beltre?

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
Yeah, definitely no dice on that one. Even if they had the money I don't think he'd be a wise option. I'd sooner look to use those "expendable funds" in other areas then spend 70-80 mil on a guy that only performs in contract years.

I heard that Beltre and Company rejected the angles offered which was believed to be 5 years 70M. WTF do they think they are going to get from someone else.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
I heard that Beltre and Company rejected the angles offered which was believed to be 5 years 70M. WTF do they think they are going to get from someone else.

At this point, he's the best player still on the market, so yeah.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
But who else has come close to offering what the Angels did? I don't blame them for pulling their offer. Why bid against yourself?

I don't blame the angels for pulling their offer either, but I'd still imagine there's money that has yet to be spent other than that.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Dec 24, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Agreed, that speculation just relates to the fact that we are a team with a somewhat unsettled 3b position, Morel/Vizquel/Teahan.

Give Morel his shot. I'd love a Longoria/Zimmerman, but that ain't happening. We need as much cheap/controllable talent as we can get.

Steve Phillips mentioned that the Sox should go ALL IN and bring in Beltre 2 weeks ago on ESPN1000. He brought up JR's age and it may be a factor the next few seasons as he wants nothing more than 1 more WS title. Adding Beltre would make this lineup SICK! I'm not sure how much it will cost- but the fact that we offered Kerry Wood $6 million/ season tells me KW and JR are NOT done spending and want to continue to add to this thing as much as possible.

How much would Beltre cost? Not sure. But the thought of him in our lineup makes me smile. We would seriously compete w/ the Boston's and NY's if we add Beltre. Is it a pipe dream? Sure. Can it happen? You never know. This appears to be a GO ALL IN 2011 campaign! So why not add the best 3b on the market while we are at it?

Merry Christmas to all my SOXTALKERS! I've been on this thing for over 5 years already! :)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
That the Sox are the mystery team is a real real long long stretch

agreed. . but you never know. thats all im saying. The next best thing is to see Viciedo and Morel battle it out this spring. If im the Viciedo, im busting my ass at 3B all winter long trying to improve defensively. We all know the dude can swing a stick. Morel has ALOT of defensive talent at the hot corner. My only concern with him is offensive contributions. But if they want to stick with the defense and pitching motto- Morel is the guy! Or you don't have to worry about this at all and just sign Beltre ;)