2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
It sure as hell wouldn't take much to be better than Transformers 2. That was easily one of the worst movie going experiences I have ever had and I've seen a lot of bad movies. I refuse to watch another movie directed by Michael Bay after that piece of crap.

Totally agree. I saw this with some buddies after we had been drinking, and eve 'drunk me' thought it was bad. I decided I had to go back for a sober viewing later and it just confirmed my opinion. Having said that, I'll probably still see Transformers 3 (when I can download it) :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirates 4 was ok. The action scenes didn't feel like action scenes. No quick edits and were kind of slow. Things just seemed to happed and felt too convenient. Better than 3, not as good as 1 and 2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
I'll be seeing Hangover II tomorrow night. I cannot wait.

Reviews seem like if you liked the first and can take the exact same thing, you will like it. I'm in that party.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
Reviews seem like if you liked the first and can take the exact same thing, you will like it. I'm in that party.

Exactly. I just want to hang with these dudes for two more hours and laugh my ass off.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
Pirates 4 was ok. The action scenes didn't feel like action scenes. No quick edits and were kind of slow. Things just seemed to happed and felt too convenient. Better than 3, not as good as 1 and 2.

It doesn't seem necessary. It seems like a complete money-grab. I'm sure the second and third movies were money-grabs as well, but it seemed like they at least had a plan to make it a trilogy and stop there. They just couldn't resist the easy money. I feel the same way with the Shrek movies. That fourth one was terrible, and the third wasn't very good (could say the same thing about Pirates). With both series, it was as though the fourth one came out of nowhere when they seemingly wrapped everything up in the third installment, plus both had very little excitement behind them. Instead of hearing "Ooh, they're making a new ____ movie!", it was "Oh, they made another ____ movie and it's coming out next month."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Exactly. I just want to hang with these dudes for two more hours and laugh my ass off.

I think your sig was scarier when Dunn's eyes were black.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
It doesn't seem necessary. It seems like a complete money-grab. I'm sure the second and third movies were money-grabs as well, but it seemed like they at least had a plan to make it a trilogy and stop there. They just couldn't resist the easy money. I feel the same way with the Shrek movies. That fourth one was terrible, and the third wasn't very good (could say the same thing about Pirates). With both series, it was as though the fourth one came out of nowhere when they seemingly wrapped everything up in the third installment, plus both had very little excitement behind them. Instead of hearing "Ooh, they're making a new ____ movie!", it was "Oh, they made another ____ movie and it's coming out next month."

Pretty Much. If Gore Verbinski was still on board, I think it would of been a lot better.

I thought I heard that it is based on a book about the Fountain of Youth, and writtern for the screen by adding Sparrow.

WTF. Didn't know Piper's Alley was closing. Tonight is the last night. Went there a few times. Got to see Blair Witch, State & Main, and Memento there before they went wide.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
WTF. Didn't know Piper's Alley was closing. Tonight is the last night. Went there a few times. Got to see Blair Witch, State & Main, and Memento there before they went wide.

Damn. I didn't realize they were closing. :(

I saw the Hangover 2 last night. Laughed my ass off; definitely on par with the first one. What irked me was the guy sitting next to me laughed TWICE the entire movie... and that was at the photos in the credits. For anyone that sees that movie, can you imagine only laughing twice during it? What kind of soulless husk of a human being was I sitting next to?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Anyone here seen Buried yet?

The entire movie is Ryan Reynolds inside a wooden coffin.

Pretty creepy movie...not sure how I feel about it yet even...but definitely dark.

Yeah, I wanted to like it, but I think I determined it kind of sucked.

Hangover 2, kind of a bust. Yeah, literally the same movie. Pretty much all the major plot points are the same. Still worth seeing though,

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Anyone here seen Buried yet?

The entire movie is Ryan Reynolds inside a wooden coffin.

Pretty creepy movie...not sure how I feel about it yet even...but definitely dark.

I love how it took him half (if not slightly more) of the movie to search the entire coffin for items. I mean come on. Buried was most definitely a flawed film in several aspects. With that said... i believe it was just about as good of a film that it could be given the circumstance. A 95 minute movie solely in a coffin? That is simply an incredible task at hand for anyone. I'll personally be giving rodrigo cortés (the director) another chance(s) in the future.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 27, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
I love how it took him half (if not slightly more) of the movie to search the entire coffin for items. I mean come on. Buried was most definitely a flawed film in several aspects. With that said... i believe it was just about as good of a film that it could be given the circumstance. A 95 minute movie solely in a coffin? That is simply an incredible task at hand for anyone. I'll personally be giving rodrigo cortés (the director) another chance(s) in the future.

I just kept getting pissed that he was using the lighter WHILE he was using the phone. I kept thinking the lighter was going to run out of butane when he could have just used the light provided by the damn phone. I also found it a bit odd that he was such an incredible spaz, but I guess they did make it clear that he had an anxiety condition.

Regarding Buried, I know he was freaking out, but it bothered me to no end how he

cut off his finger to placate the kidnappers who supposedly had his family captive. I know that would most people wouldn't be thinking clearly when in a situation like that, but logically there was no way for that to be pulled off when his wife was back in the States. Also, in the instance that I'm kidnapped and buried alive by jihadists -- I'm not maiming myself on video for those f***s. I'm going out in one piece.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Hangover II was awful. I wanted it to end 40 minutes in... what a disappointment.

I dug it. Best line in the movie was Alan..."I see that this is a fishing village. Is there a Long John Silver's?" And, Stu's special moment was hilarious. So, if they do a part 3, does Alan get married?

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (The Baconator @ May 27, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
I saw the Hangover 2 last night. Laughed my ass off; definitely on par with the first one. What irked me was the guy sitting next to me laughed TWICE the entire movie... and that was at the photos in the credits. For anyone that sees that movie, can you imagine only laughing twice during it? What kind of soulless husk of a human being was I sitting next to?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Hangover II was awful. I wanted it to end 40 minutes in... what a disappointment.

:huh

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)

Really? Weren't you the one saying how you just want to hang out with those dudes and laugh your ass off?