2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
It looks like someone is entering a common room/cafeteria and falling to their knees.

It reminds me of the original scene when the alien burst out of John Hurts chest

I was thinking some form of deformity. But you're probably right.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Why do you say that it's surprising? I wasn't interested when I first heard about it, but the previews have really made it look appealing.

I don't know. Maybe it's the CGI or the fact that the last Burton film was so lame.

Regarding the CGI; I hate CGI used for humans or animals. It just looks completely fake to me and the apes in the previews are no exception.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Why do you say that it's surprising? I wasn't interested when I first heard about it, but the previews have really made it look appealing.

I was more interested until I saw the previews. The idea sounded cool, but it looks like monkeys goring cities. Meh. I'd rather have seen the process of how they got to that point versus everyone getting their faces ripped off.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
They look hit or miss in the previews. Some look real and others very fake. I dislike CGI as well, but one thing I CAN say is that they're definitely getting there.

The main ape is played by Andy Serkis.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
I was more interested until I saw the previews. The idea sounded cool, but it looks like monkeys goring cities. Meh. I'd rather have seen the process of how they got to that point versus everyone getting their faces ripped off.

The commercials seem to imply that they will do both of those things. Can't have both?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
The main ape is played by Andy Serkis.

Indeed, and he's pretty good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)

From what I've read that's just the final act.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Maybe because this is like the 10th Planet of the Apes attempt?

You said, "With movie making today?"

The last attempt was 10 years ago. The next one was 38 years ago. Plus it's getting good reviews. I see no reason to think that this won't be good, and that they can't cover both elements in the movie.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
hesher-movie-poster.jpg

Awesome film. I had been waiting for this film for two plus years now. Not for everyone. Pushes the envelope in many regards. I repeat not for everyone. Open minded people only apply.

What is the plot, Qwerty?

Watched Limitless the other day. I know it was pretty much your typical major studio production, but I really enjoyed the ending. Caught me off guard. And Bradley Cooper was good as usual.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
What is the plot, Qwerty?

Watched Limitless the other day. I know it was pretty much your typical major studio production, but I really enjoyed the ending. Caught me off guard. And Bradley Cooper was good as usual.

Limitless aka "who you think you are when doing blow"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
First picture of Henry Cavill as Superman(with new Superman suit)

First_Image_of_Henry_Cavill_as_Superman_in_Man_of_Steel.jpg

commence b****ing about reboots in

GO

Nah, see, the original Superman movies were eons ago, and the latest reboot was a disaster. Plus, that suit looks f***ing awesome!