2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman's list of powers includes but is not limited to...

Strength

Invulnerability (which always somehow becomes affected during sh*tty movies to make us care)

Flight

Speed (he can run faster than Flash!)

X-Ray vision

Heat Vision

Breath (he can inhale and exhale insane amounts, putting out fires, sucking up poisonous gas, his lungs are crazy!)

Ice Breath (see above, but with freeze ability!)

Super Hearing

Super Vision

Super Smelling

Total recall

Teleportation through walls (vs just busting through)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Are you serious? Batman doesn't have an "superpowers". His powers are limited by technology and self-control.

If you can suspend disbelief enough to believe that a person of Batman's relative young age has found the time to train himself to peak physical perfection, master every known form of martial arts, become the world's greatest detective mind, become a master of disguise (love that Matches Malone), build an entire subterranean super crime lab, design and execute the covert construction of Batcars, Batcycles, Batcopters, Batboats, Batplanes, and the 2,000 items he manages to fit into his utility belt, all while running Wayne Industries and it's assorted charities. . . and finding time to gain a reputation as Gotham's greatest millionaire playboy, then you should be able to buy into any superhero mythology they throw at you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
Superman's list of powers includes but is not limited to...

Strength

Invulnerability (which always somehow becomes affected during sh*tty movies to make us care)

Flight

Speed (he can run faster than Flash!)

X-Ray vision

Heat Vision

Breath (he can inhale and exhale insane amounts, putting out fires, sucking up poisonous gas, his lungs are crazy!)

Ice Breath (see above, but with freeze ability!)

Super Hearing

Super Vision

Super Smelling

Total recall

Teleportation through walls (vs just busting through)

Sure, but stuck him under a red Kryptonian sun and he's nothing. :lolhitting

On this planet though, it's not a bad skill set. I'd hire him to protect Metropolis if it was my call.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
If you can suspend disbelief enough to believe that a person of Batman's relative young age has found the time to train himself to peak physical perfection, master every known form of martial arts, become the world's greatest detective mind, become a master of disguise (love that Matches Malone), build an entire subterranean super crime lab, design and execute the covert construction of Batcars, Batcycles, Batcopters, Batboats, Batplanes, and the 2,000 items he manages to fit into his utility belt, all while running Wayne Industries and it's assorted charities. . . and finding time to gain a reputation as Gotham's greatest millionaire playboy, then you should be able to buy into any superhero mythology they throw at you.

Yeah but he's still just human.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Yeah but he's still just human.

Ferris Bueller had a better chance of doing all of that stuff in one day off of school than Bruce Wayne has of doing 1/10th of what we are asked to believe he's done.

But, yes, the humanity/mortality/lack of actually superpower continues to be a difference-maker for Batman, and one of the things that has allowed the character to succeed for 70 years.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Ferris Bueller had a better chance of doing all of that stuff in one day off of school than Bruce Wayne has of doing 1/10th of what we are asked to believe he's done.

But, yes, the humanity/mortality/lack of actually superpower continues to be a difference-maker for Batman, and one of the things that has allowed the character to succeed for 70 years.

I get your point, I just wish there was consistency in the superpowers of superman

Edited by bmags

Complaining about a superheroes powers/skill set is easily one of the dumbest things i have ever read. I agree with with flasoxx entirely, if you can extend belief far enough in the first place to read/watch them... everything is... and should be just fair game.

Except for squirrel girl of course... squirrel girl has full 7's across the board. She seemingly can't lose. She is a constant on running joke of the comic world.

Consistencies are a problem? Well if a character stayed exactly the same for 70 plus years, with zero to minimal changes, it would simply get stale, hence interest would drop along with sales. It's a business, and people want to be entertained, and doing so with monotonous tendencies will not do the trick.

First of all, I loved Watchmen.

Second, I absolutely hate Superman. He's like that kid you used to play cops and robbers with as a kid. "I shot you, you're dead." "Nuh uh, I'm wearing a bulletproof vest...plus it's fireproof and it lets me breath underwater." Or he's Cartman in the ninja episode. He has an ability that one-ups everyone else's powers.

I still would like to see the Superman dies story arc in movie form. I know, I know, he comes back to life. I think the fight between him and doomsday would be awesome with the CGI technology being used nowadays.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Second, I absolutely hate Superman. He's like that kid you used to play cops and robbers with as a kid. "I shot you, you're dead." "Nuh uh, I'm wearing a bulletproof vest...plus it's fireproof and it lets me breath underwater." Or he's Cartman in the ninja episode. He has an ability that one-ups everyone else's powers.

^This, so freaking true.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
If they find a way to tell the Doomsday story, with all the JLA characters, and oh, what the hell, include the cool rebirth storyline, then I might, MIGHT be hooked. That would be cool, but also take like 10 movies.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I still would like to see the Superman dies story arc in movie form. I know, I know, he comes back to life. I think the fight between him and doomsday would be awesome with the CGI technology being used nowadays.

Welcome to my brain.

Edited by Steve9347

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/01/bi...e-works/?hpt=T2

No

Joseph Gordon-Levitt confirmed for The Dark Knight Rises in an as-of-yet unnamed role. Lots of speculation that it is Hugo Strange, Riddler, Nightwing, Robin, or even Azrael. The inclusion of Bane in this movie really can take this story anywhere