2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

I might be in the minority on Mad Men, but I found seasons three and four FAR superior to one and two. Especially the first season, the snails pace it went was a little rough, but the acting and characters were too good to give up. The pace picked up in the later seasons without sacrificing any of the acting or character development.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
I might be in the minority on Mad Men, but I found seasons three and four FAR superior to one and two. Especially the first season, the snails pace it went was a little rough, but the acting and characters were too good to give up. The pace picked up in the later seasons without sacrificing any of the acting or character development.

I don't think anyone has complained about seasons 3 and 4. Pretty much with every episode come the "holy s*** this show just keeps getting better and better" comments.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Did anyone else watch Bob's Burgers? I thought the pilot was a somewhat successful mix of clever and crude humor. Will give it another shot.

I caught the very end of it. Didn't make much of an impression on me.

I watched The Cape. It was pretty much a summation of the first two Nolan Batman movies, which isn't altogether bad since they were both great. I guess I was able to look past that little aspect of it so I'll watch it again if I don't forget to. Haven't ever really religiously followed TV shows.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
"Shameless" on Showtime was a great pilot, despite the joke made about White Sox fans! "Episodes", on the other hand, might have been the worst pilot I can recall ever watching.

I DVR'd both. Watched 5 minutes of Episodes and deleted it.

Will watch Shameless later today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
"Shameless" on Showtime was a great pilot, despite the joke made about White Sox fans! "Episodes", on the other hand, might have been the worst pilot I can recall ever watching.

Don't have Showtime....what was the joke????

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)

I wasn't even aware that Shameless started already. I'm glad it's on at night on Sunday, though, since I need replacements for all of the great programming that's usually on at that time. William H. Macy is pretty great, so I expect it to be at least decent.

And yes, what was the joke?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
Just keep watching...:)

I'm having some issues with continuity. For instance, there was the whole big deal that Duck would be the president of the newly merged company and he just never appears again. And no one even mentions his name anymore.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
I'm having some issues with continuity. For instance, there was the whole big deal that Duck would be the president of the newly merged company and he just never appears again. And no one even mentions his name anymore.

I'm not exactly sure where you're at or when things happen, but didn't you see the part that resulted in him not being the president?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm not exactly sure where you're at or when things happen, but didn't you see the part that resulted in him not being the president?

Are you referring to the meeting where Don says he's leaving if Duck will run the show? If so, Don leaves the room and shortly after Duck is asked to step out.

There was no discussion after that about that they, the leaders, would decide.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
Are you referring to the meeting where Don says he's leaving if Duck will run the show? If so, Don leaves the room and shortly after Duck is asked to step out.

There was no discussion after that about that they, the leaders, would decide.

Was there the meeting where Duck sits with the guys from the European company in the conference room where they discuss how things will be operated?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Was there the meeting where Duck sits with the guys from the European company in the conference room where they discuss how things will be operated?

Yeah that's the one I'm referring to. I didn't hear any decisions on getting rid of Duck.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Well didn't you notice that he was absolutely blitzed and made a complete ass of himself?

I didn't realize he was blitzed. It just seems odd that he pulled that whole deal together and was promised to be president and was never to be seen again.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I didn't realize he was blitzed. It just seems odd that he pulled that whole deal together and was promised to be president and was never to be seen again.

They set him up. They knew he would make a fool of himself if they got him drinking again and just used him. Then when he flipped out in the meeting, that was their excuse to send him packing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
They set him up. They knew he would make a fool of himself if they got him drinking again and just used him. Then when he flipped out in the meeting, that was their excuse to send him packing.

I'll need you around to hold my hand through this show.