2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
If it's an FX Original you gotta give it a shot. That's a rule.

From what I've read about the show, it takes place primarily a few years after the main characters last fight (which was brutal). Most of the ads on FX have shown only clips of a fight. I hope this isn't another case of FX mis-marketing a good show (Terriers).

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Don't care about Douche.0,

Creative. Can't wait for Tosh tonight as it's definitely one of the funnier shows on TV. The onion show definitely has potential but I got a feeling that they'll mess it up, hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Creative. Can't wait for Tosh tonight as it's definitely one of the funnier shows on TV. The onion show definitely has potential but I got a feeling that they'll mess it up, hope I'm wrong.

Tosh was great. Onion not so much, except the who would you kill segment.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Tosh was great. Onion not so much, except the who would you kill segment.

I laughed out loud when they mentioned the A's were getting more pitching from Craigslist, the Shaq segment, and the guy with the metal hands.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 07:09 AM)
I laughed out loud when they mentioned the A's were getting more pitching from Craigslist, the Shaq segment, and the guy with the metal hands.

I lost it when they showed his one fight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 07:09 AM)

Haha I forgot about the metal hands part like JPN said when they showed the fight I died. I thought the Shaq segment was funny at first, but they kind of drew it out and killed it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
I don't know how many folks out there watch Survivor, but the long-rumored Rob vs. Russell season is official.

I'm curious what the stipulation with them is because if they are on seperate tribes, the other people should get together and vote em off. The only way it would work is if you put them on the same tribe and let em go at it.

I know a lot of people are sick of Russell but I want him on as much as possible. Best player ever and still pissed he didn't win his original season when it shouldn't of even been close. I don't even remember the girls name that won.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm curious what the stipulation with them is because if they are on seperate tribes, the other people should get together and vote em off. The only way it would work is if you put them on the same tribe and let em go at it.

I know a lot of people are sick of Russell but I want him on as much as possible. Best player ever and still pissed he didn't win his original season when it shouldn't of even been close. I don't even remember the girls name that won.

Yeah, I too love Russell.

On a BS Report, the Reality Guru said that he heard that Russell and Rob have immunity until the merge. That's both a good and a terrible idea.

Russell is not the best player ever. Russell is one of the best players at getting to the end of the game, he is one of the worst players at judging the jury and trying to decide who he should take with him to the final. Russell had the easiest choice in survivor history when it came to Natalie, Jaison and Mick. He decided to boot Jaison in favor of keeping Natalie. At that moment the game was over, the likable Natalie would never lose to Russel. Jaison/Mick could have never beat Russell.

You cant be the best player ever if you have been on 2 seasons and have not won. Finding immunity idols and getting close to the end has been done before, Yau Man was one of my favorite survivors ever, but he is not the best. Thats not to say I dont think Russell is one of the most enjoyable characters, he just doesnt seem to understand human nature.

It seems that Probst agrees with me in that article as he basically does not believe Russell has any chance of winning.

Oh so Im a big survivor fan, and if I had to pick a survivor from any season to win 1million for me it would be Tom in season 10. 5 out of 7 immunities, killing a shark with a machete, and winning 6-1, that is domination.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Oh so Im a big survivor fan, and if I had to pick a survivor from any season to win 1million for me it would be Tom in season 10. 5 out of 7 immunities, killing a shark with a machete, and winning 6-1, that is domination.

Tom just got his ass beat in Heroes vs Villains. He didn't even belong in that elite company.

As for Russell, whatever. The dude made the final show both seasons he was on, and if it weren't for people voting like b****es should have won both times. He completely dominated both seasons.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Tom just got his ass beat in Heroes vs Villains. He didn't even belong in that elite company.

As for Russell, whatever. The dude made the final show both seasons he was on, and if it weren't for people voting like b****es should have won both times. He completely dominated both seasons.

He definitely should have won the first season. He got to the end being way down in numbers at the merge and controlled the entire game. In heroes vs villains I thought Parvarti deserved to win. Sandra was ridiculous winner that season. The show sometimes bothers me because the deserving winner usually doesn't win.