Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
dan, are you guys gone yet?

Tonight is when everyone expects an announcement. Since the last curators presser everyone has pretty much assumed Mizzou to SEC. Once they stopped saying the company line for the Big 12 we all knew it was a sign.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
Dont worry Rock according to MSU fans they are going to beat Wisconsin without Gholston.

I've actually heard this prediction a lot and not just from MSU fans. I don't see it, I really don't think it's going to be close, East Lansing or not.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
I've actually heard this prediction a lot and not just from MSU fans. I don't see it, I really don't think it's going to be close, East Lansing or not.

Well, Wisconsin hasnt played anybody and hasnt been on the road yet. Thats the two areas people seem to focus on. Their defense is also nothing to write home about as you can run it on them a bit.

However, Wilson and Ball are awesome and should be much more effective than OSU, Neb and Denard was.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Kind of ridiculous that October 22nd will be Wisconsin's first game at an opponent's stadium.

Yeah, not exactly a tough start. Next year will be a bit tougher for them especially after Wilson leaves. This was a good year for them to break in some new OL at home and then face the pretty weak conference slate after already gelling.

You really cant blame Wisconsin for the Big10 scheduling.

Im sure that Wisconsin would have much preferred a schedule where they dont play @ MSU, @ OSU in back to back weeks, as well as @ Ill (arguably 3 of Wisconsin's 4 toughest games will be on the road this year.)

So there is a downside to an easy opening schedule in conference play.

I do agree that Wisconsin hasnt proved anything on the road, but I also think Wilson is a lot more talented than people realized.

Yeah, in a year where OSU is the worst its been in a decade. Come on, its a great schedule this year for the badgers. New QB learning the system with a home field advantage for 6 weeks? Gravy.

And with all the hype for MSU, they just arent that good. They barely beat an OSU team that couldnt move the ball an inch and beat an extremely overrated Michigan team that will probably lose at least 3 more games this season. Their offense is putrid and their defense will be repeatedly violated by Nick Toon and Russell Wilson.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
Yeah, in a year where OSU is the worst its been in a decade. Come on, its a great schedule this year for the badgers. New QB learning the system with a home field advantage for 6 weeks? Gravy.

And with all the hype for MSU, they just arent that good. They barely beat an OSU team that couldnt move the ball an inch and beat an extremely overrated Michigan team that will probably lose at least 3 more games this season. Their offense is putrid and their defense will be repeatedly violated by Nick Toon and Russell Wilson.

So what's your point? The Big Ten is bad? I can't imagine you'll find much argument against that.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
So what's your point? The Big Ten is bad? I can't imagine you'll find much argument against that.

It's Wisconsin and then some teams, a few more, a few more, and Minnesota.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
1 game suspension for Gholston for the punch. Looks like they didnt find anything wrong with him trying to kill Denard. Doesnt really help any of us out, he only misses playing against the best team in the conference.

Which they were going to lose anyway, which I think you were inferring. Personally I don't think it was enough and the statement, aka half-assed apology was ridiculous. He claims he was provoked. Provoked on all three PF penalties? Strange to me that the Big Ten had to do the dirty work and MSU didn't get out in front of it, instead stating they would do a thorough investigation.

//end rant

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
It's Wisconsin and then some teams, a few more, a few more, and Minnesota.

Exactly. BTW, I was wrong on the announcement thing. Curators meeting was tonight, announcement tomorrow. However, I'm not hearing enough buzz to think it's happening as planned. Who knows.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Exactly. BTW, I was wrong on the announcement thing. Curators meeting was tonight, announcement tomorrow. However, I'm not hearing enough buzz to think it's happening as planned. Who knows.

The DC at Wisky is one of my friends. Glad to see him doing well.

Hope Mizzou stays and we add two of BYU, Louisville and WVU.

Also, why in the f*** is UCLA this bad?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 06:38 AM)
You should be able to blame someone for allowing Wisconsin to schedule every nonconference game at home.

8 home games vs 4 away? Come on

That really isn't that uncommon in college football. Illinois had the same scheduling this year for what its worth. Wisconsin scheduling weak teams in their non-conference is a bigger deal than not playing away from home.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 06:56 AM)
That really isn't that uncommon in college football. Illinois had the same scheduling this year for what its worth. Wisconsin scheduling weak teams in their non-conference is a bigger deal than not playing away from home.

Any other year their conference schedule would be daunting in that they play on the road at MSU and OSU (at night). This year, not so much. It all evens out eventually.