Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Rumors that two more Big East schools will be on the way. I'm assuming Louisville and West Virginia, but I suppose Cincy could be one.

Hope so. I would also be ok with BYU and Cincy to go to 14.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
What a joke. Leave one conference for the Big East, then leave them within a year.

Eh, it's a cutthroat world in college football, especially right now with conference re-alignment. The Big East is falling by the wayside, so the smart decision for TCU is to join the Big 12 (or whatever it's being called). It may not be right for them to go back on their commitment, but it's hard to blame them with how much has changed in the college sports landscape since they originally agreed to join the Big East.

Edited by dasox24

I would think BYU and Louisville are the Big 12's next targets if they decide to go from 10 to 12.

And who is Missouri kidding? If the SEC wanted them they'd have them by now. I think the SEC will either get West Virginia or stay at 13.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
They are going to clean house as far as coaches go at the end of the season, although I could see Fickell, Heacock and maybe Vrabel staying on. Its not that they're the problem though, its the lack of policing around boosters and kids from ages 18-21. Its a systemic problem at every school that right now is getting attention because pretty much everyone would like to see OSU get caught for something. The boosters in columbus need to know from the new head coach that this s*** wont be tolerated and then the coach needs to throw kids off the team that violate said rules.

When I say clean house, I mean Gene Smith and the whole damned compliance department. They can't blame all this on Tressel and someone within the school has to be responsible.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
What a joke. Leave one conference for the Big East, then leave them within a year.

TCU never played in the Big East. They weren't scheduled to jon the conference until next year. Add to that, two Big East teams left the conference in the interim, I have no problem with TCU taking a 2nd look and deciding the Big 12 is a better opportunity.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
When I say clean house, I mean Gene Smith and the whole damned compliance department. They can't blame all this on Tressel and someone within the school has to be responsible.

The compliance dept were the ones who found these new violations. Gene Smith I agree on.

And the only thing they blamed on Tressel was that he covered up those emails, which was true. Other than that you have some players being handed money (like Troy Smith was and got suspended) and jobs the NCAA deemed were completed at too high a rate. None of those have been blamed on Tressel.

And so far for violations you have a few members of the football team with their hands out to boosters. You then has thousands of other athletes that havent had a single issue reported. You have a top 3 ranked bball team with arguably one of the most famous players in recent OSU history and they havent had any issues. And to put it even more in perspective, these players going to charity events in Ohio would be like D Rose, Julius Peppers, Patrick Kane etc going to charity events in Chicago. People pay thousands of dollars just to sit at their tables. These kids by NCAA law are required to get to the event by their own means and not take anything for free including a door prize or giveaway.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
TCU never played in the Big East. They weren't scheduled to jon the conference until next year. Add to that, two Big East teams left the conference in the interim, I have no problem with TCU taking a 2nd look and deciding the Big 12 is a better opportunity.

Totally agree. Right now the Big East has 6 teams playing football once Pitt and Syracuse leaves. That conference is dead.

Plus this makes a lot more sense when it comes to the other sports.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
And who is Missouri kidding? If the SEC wanted them they'd have them by now. I think the SEC will either get West Virginia or stay at 13.

I think Mizzou has kind of embarassed itself with its public but unsuccesful flirtations with the BIG10 and SEC.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
AJ f***ING JENKINS. He may have had bad coverage on him in this game, I dont know since Im just listening on the radio, but he is a flat out playmaker.

That man is dangerous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
That was some piss poor clock management by Jacory Harris on the last possession.

if you have no one open what are you suppose to do? Probably should have had a dump off receiver but I'm not going to blame Harris for that last series.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
if you have no one open what are you suppose to do? Probably should have had a dump off receiver but I'm not going to blame Harris for that last series.

Get rid of the ball instead of chewing 10 seconds off the clock every play.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
Get rid of the ball instead of chewing 10 seconds off the clock every play.

to who though? He needed to get the ball down field so he was waiting for something to open up. Sure the one play that took 11 seconds off sucked but you cant just give up on a play when you arent in any danger after 4 seconds because you want to save time.

And VT was doing a decent job in keeping him in the pocket so he just cant throw it away.