Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
Not with Tubs coaching. He's doing his best to screw it up.

Not tonight Boomer Sooner is toast in Norman, they are headed for the exits.!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
Bedlam won't matter if the Sooners can't win at home...

Oh, it'll matter. The stakes are just smaller. It's for the Big 12 title instead of National Title implications. That is assuming Ok State stays undefeated, which at this point they should.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 02:20 AM)
This is where divisional play makes the conference better. Now you have a few more teams that could decide their fate.

Uhh yeah. I can't wait to be in the SEC where there are still divisions lol.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
I haven't watched a single game of Clemson this year but are they really that good or do they benifet from being in the ACC?

Both.

And they aren't making all the typical Clemson-ish mistakes that they make year after year after year.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
I haven't watched a single game of Clemson this year but are they really that good or do they benifet from being in the ACC?

Their offense is a load to deal with, Tajh Boyd is deadly accurate.

Their defense, on the other hand, is average at best. If a team that plays slow, drawn out methodical offensive drives, like Georgia Tech for example, can limit how often Clemson's offense is on the field, thats the way to handle them.

We'll have our shot in November, but....not feeling quite as good about it as I once did.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
Oh, it'll matter. The stakes are just smaller. It's for the Big 12 title instead of National Title implications. That is assuming Ok State stays undefeated, which at this point they should.

Okie State still has to win in Lubbock, where they have only won once in the last 60+ years.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Their offense is a load to deal with, Tajh Boyd is deadly accurate.

Good thing Lane Kiffin told him he couldn't fit in a pro-style offense even though he had been committed to Tennessee. Looks like he'd fit in just about any style offense with the way he's playing right now. Not a huge deal b/c I like Tyler Bray, but it would be nice to have both players (especially now with the awful Matt Simms playing QB).

I'm excited about our game next week. With Lattimore out, I feel like we have a chance. Though, unless Matt Simms starts playing better, we won't be able to put up any points.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)

The acc is really bad but Clemson is really good.

I was wrong about Wiscy going unbeaten but I still think we're going to have quite the clusterf*** with a bunch of undefeateds at the end of the year...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)

I was wrong about Wiscy going unbeaten but I still think we're going to have quite the clusterf*** with a bunch of undefeateds at the end of the year...

Really? I think only winner of Alabama/lsu, Boise, and possibly Stanford finish undefeated. Boise would be lucky if they get to face the loser of the two sec teams in that scenario.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Really? I think only winner of Alabama/lsu, Boise, and possibly Stanford finish undefeated. Boise would be lucky if they get to face the loser of the two sec teams in that scenario.

I think Clemson goes unbeaten too, so 4 imo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)

Clemson is very good offensively, but any team who gives up alot of points and is led by underclassmen is going to be subject to an upset at some point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Clemson is very good offensively, but any team who gives up alot of points and is led by underclassmen is going to be subject to an upset at some point.

Agreed. I don't think Clemson will make it through unscathed.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Good thing Lane Kiffin told him he couldn't fit in a pro-style offense even though he had been committed to Tennessee. Looks like he'd fit in just about any style offense with the way he's playing right now. Not a huge deal b/c I like Tyler Bray, but it would be nice to have both players (especially now with the awful Matt Simms playing QB).

I'm excited about our game next week. With Lattimore out, I feel like we have a chance. Though, unless Matt Simms starts playing better, we won't be able to put up any points.

Boy, Matt Simms....he needs some monumental improvement in a hurry. I know this will sound weird and homerish, but I'm kinda happy to see the offense this week, without Lattimore in there to scheme against. He had really struggled in the last 3-4 games, because it was easy to scheme against a QB with limited exposure to throwing the ball.

I'm glad ND tanked early enough that I could switch over and catch the end of the amazing MSU game, though now that there is at least a possibility of MSU ending up 12-1, I'll be very sick if one of my schools was denied a NC chance by the other.