*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
People who say you should get over month long muscle strains by working out more. That's some backward logic.

The Top 40 music playing everywhere. Who the f*** wants to workout to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry?

Using your own Ipod can easily solve that issue?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 01:22 AM)
Using your own Ipod can easily solve that issue?

And what if you forget your iPod at home for example? I don't think anyone would want to waste gas going all the way back to their house (unless you live like a block or two away from the gym) just to get their iPod, especially cause of s***ty gym music.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
People who say you should get over month long muscle strains by working out more. That's some backward logic.

The Top 40 music playing everywhere. Who the f*** wants to workout to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry?

Or Coldplay. That s*** makes me want to kill myself, not work out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
The fact that no matter how long I work out or what time I get back into the locker room, it's 100% guaranteed that the 1 other guy in the locker room at the time will have selected the locker right next to me.

EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's hilarious.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
People who sweat like pigs and don't wipe off the equipment. Also, people who just smell so bad in general when they work out that you just don't want to be near them.

These. I also submit "people who reek of cigarette smoke working out near you" followed by "chicks who wear gallons of perfume to the gym".

I guess the latter is acceptable, but I like to breath air that is not scented, especially of smoke. The perfume is also a distraction because I have to see if said chick is hot, and that takes my mind away from "the zone" I like to get in so time passes while doing cardio.

Oh, and I'm down to 195.6 from 211.7 on 01/10/2011. Hell yeah.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
lostfan called it with the body odor. You're obviously going to have excess sweat flying all over the place. Which I don't have a problem with. As I sweat pretty hard when doing cardio. But no need to compound that by not showering or wearing deodorant before a workout or even worse wearing non-clean attire while working out.

The worst is when you are in a workout and someone gets on the machine next to you and you can smell them before they even start working out... it's awful.

Most gyms in general are my pet peeve. The super gyms filled with equipment are douche magnets, and for some reason you feel like they are ripping you off for what they charge. Also, ever joined a gym to find out they don't provide towels? WTF.

I've alleviated most of my annoyances with my membership at go performance. The people there are there to workout and workout hard. The owners work with you and everyone knows your name. However there is still the random guy who wears the same outfit and smells like a f***ing armpit. And the ridiculous nye resolution idiots.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 03:12 AM)
And what if you forget your iPod at home for example? I don't think anyone would want to waste gas going all the way back to their house (unless you live like a block or two away from the gym) just to get their iPod, especially cause of s***ty gym music.

Beggars can't be choosers.

What about the idiots that will circle the parking lot for 30 minutes to get a close spot instead of walking an extra 30 yards? I feel like walking up to them as if I need to ask for directions or something and punching them in the nose. God forbid they burned 10 more calories.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
What about the idiots that will circle the parking lot for 30 minutes to get a close spot instead of walking an extra 30 yards? I feel like walking up to them as if I need to ask for directions or something and punching them in the nose. God forbid they burned 10 more calories.

The other day there was a standoff for a parking spot in front of my gym. Two cars with their noses equally at the spot, refusing to move and the people were just losing their minds.

There was a spot like 5 cars down openly available.

People are stupid.

I really miss the Y in Ann Arbor, it got busy during certain times but if you knew when to go it was the best gym Ive been to.

The gyms on campus at U of I are great for sports, but to actually lift and workout not so much. Their benches are always full and nobody puts their weights back. Plus, you have all the frat guys grunting around you, and I have no problem with the under the breath type grunts, but the all out "Yea Im lifting this s***" type grunts piss me off.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)

Just as was discussed in the coffee thread, where there are people who carry around Starbucks cups to be seen with them, there are people who just go to the gym to be seen or to say they go to the gym.

In bad weather you should bring a change of shoes. People have been walking in since the blizzard with tons of snow and salt on their shoes and continuing to go to the stretch areas and aerobics rooms. Nothing like sitting on the floor ready to stretch and winding up in a salty puddle of water.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
The other day there was a standoff for a parking spot in front of my gym. Two cars with their noses equally at the spot, refusing to move and the people were just losing their minds.

There was a spot like 5 cars down openly available.

People are stupid.

Constanza and Mike!!!!

This gets me sometimes but when the dumbbells are all out of order. To the first guy who messes it up, how hard is it to put it back where you got em? Once that first person f***s it up, then everyone else does it. Usually I try to switch em back to be the nice guy.

Also when people leave their towels/s*** near a machine that they haven't used for like five minutes, basically reserving their spot.

People that work-out on cardio machines and talk on the phone. I wear an ipod turned up all the way so I can not hear them but the sight of it irks me, I do not know why.

Also, people that work on a cardio machine for 10 minutes or less.

I sweat like a pig, I wipe my machines off but if I do cardio for more than 90 minutes I think I begin stink a little. I do not care, it is gym that is going to happen. Sorry. I am hygenic so I do not think I offend anyone, at least he person I workout with does not say anything. The people that smell like smoke though do getto me as to the perfume folks.

The women that wear excessive amounts of jewelry also get to me.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
If i'm looking at myself in the mirror it's not because I'm being vain, it's because I'm trying to make sure I'm isolating whatever muscle I'm working on and not cheating with my back (usually with curls) but unless you do it a bunch of times in a row I'm not going to be pissed if you get in front of me for 2 seconds.

Ya, I also stand by the mirror when I'm doing curls.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
This for sure...

And it's really bad at this time of year to workout on college campuses. It's packed all day b/c so many dumbasses think if they start working out 4 weeks before Spring Break, they're going to look awesome. Can't wait til late March when the crowds die down.

That crowd at my gym is already gone thankfully. I hate it when my club is packed so the first few weeks of the new year are not fun.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
People that work-out on cardio machines and talk on the phone. I wear an ipod turned up all the way so I can not hear them but the sight of it irks me, I do not know why.

Also, people that work on a cardio machine for 10 minutes or less.

I sweat like a pig, I wipe my machines off but if I do cardio for more than 90 minutes I think I begin stink a little. I do not care, it is gym that is going to happen. Sorry. I am hygenic so I do not think I offend anyone, at least he person I workout with does not say anything. The people that smell like smoke though do getto me as to the perfume folks.

The women that wear excessive amounts of jewelry also get to me.

I am guilty of this because I always do a warm-up mile before I do any type of weightlifting.