My White Sox Hat Collection

TheChrisSamsa

I was successful in getting the last hat on my list of official White Sox caps, thanks to SoxTalk member Beautox. I figured here would be as good a place as any to show it off and take any suggestions of hats I need to fill in the gaps with any alternate or turn-back-the-clock cap that I haven't accounted for. I'm not a fan of spring training/BP hats, so I'm sticking to hats that were worn in regular season games.

The short list of hats I'm missing includes the kelly-green halfway to st. pats hat and the Chicago American Giants hat that they wore in Detroit to honor the negro leagues in 2008. What else is out there that I'm forgetting?

IMG_3469.JPG

I also have this cap that I believe commemorates the 100 year anniversary of the American League (2001), but I don't think it's the hat the Sox wore on-field with the "Sunday Best" jerseys from that season. It uses the same American flag logo that was found on the jerseys, but I can't find a good picture of anyone wearing a hat from those games. It's one of my favorite Sox logos out there, so I'll wear it proudly, even if it wasn't an on-field cap, I'm just curious if anyone has any more knowledge on it.

/nerdycollector

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool, thanks for posting. Individual posts with the history of each cap would be kind of cool. We could lock it so only those posts appear. Hell, a Knight list of favorite Sox cap (BTW hats have brims). might be cool.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Really cool, thanks for posting. Individual posts with the history of each cap would be kind of cool. We could lock it so only those posts appear. Hell, a Knight list of favorite Sox cap (BTW hats have brims). might be cool.

I can definitely do this. I've had to dig a bit to confirm that each of these caps were actually the style that was worn on-field, so that knowledge is pretty fresh in my mind.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Wow! Awesome collection, Chris! :)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
That is one cool collection.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
That pic is now the background on my computer. :gosoxretro:

Thanks everybody! I'm going to work up a cap-by-cap retrospective over the weekend and I'll post my work in this thread. I'll probably throw a little uniform history in while I'm at it too.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
I guarantee you don't have this one......got it from the Dublin Black Sox team in Ireland!

DSC_0184-filtered.jpg

But... that's not a Chicago White Sox cap.. Though, I do like the style of the jerseys quite a bit. I really like the white piping around the neck and bordering the buttons. I'd love for the (Chicago White) Sox to do something like this with the current logo.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Do they sell the one with the double socks? That's pretty cool.

That's a personal favorite of mine as well. They only wore it for one year, 1926, and only on the road. That one is available here, made by American Needle.: http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1890605

I saw a New Era 59fifty version somewhere too, but I personally prefer American Needle when possible. Their brims bend more evenly and consistently.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
But... that's not a Chicago White Sox cap.. Though, I do like the style of the jerseys quite a bit. I really like the white piping around the neck and bordering the buttons. I'd love for the (Chicago White) Sox to do something like this with the current logo.

Yeah I know, but it was just my chance to show off that they sent me a free hat all the way from Dublin. Ha.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
That's a personal favorite of mine as well. They only wore it for one year, 1926, and only on the road. That one is available here, made by American Needle.: http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1890605

I saw a New Era 59fifty version somewhere too, but I personally prefer American Needle when possible. Their brims bend more evenly and consistently.

I LOVE my replica 1926 road cap. It's the one I always wear if I'm meeting someone ive never met before at the ballpark because I can tell them to look for that hat and when they find it it's pretty certain they found me as well.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Here's a new holy grail for you: Its from the 1930's.

1932sox.jpg

I think I've seen it at Grandstand.

I bought that hat in 2005 and wore it through the end of hte season. At the Boston playoff game many people thought it was a Red Sox hat. After the World Series I went out and bought every hat I could get I have almost the same collection.

The guy at Grandstand told me that the White Sox never actually wore that hat that it was more of a logo used in the 30's.

Still a great hat as well as the 20's road hat.