2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
As I go to more baseball games this year (yesterday, Pirates at Nats) and watch others on TV I'm struck by the number of mediocre hitters when they show stats across the screen. Sure you'll occasionally see a guy hitting .297 or .313 but that seems to be rare... lineups are full of guys hitting .228 and s***. Is it just me?

It's not you. Offense is down everywhere outside of 1B it seems. This sucks to me. I'd rather guys start juicing again. I love 10-8 slugfests. 1-0, 2-1 games bore the s*** out of me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
Pujols may be back in the lineup today, about a month before his initial timetable. He must be worried about those hard charging Pittsburgh Pirates!

I'm sure it is more like the zeros on his next contract...

Where the hell did Freddie Freeman come from? This guy's on flame broil. So in the last two years the Braves system has produced Freeman, Heyward, Hanson, Beachy, Venters and Kimbrel. With Teheran, Delgado, Minor and Vizcaino all knocking at the door. Yeah, they pretty much know what they're doing in the scouting/drafting/developing department.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Where the hell did Freddie Freeman come from? This guy's on flame broil. So in the last two years the Braves system has produced Freeman, Heyward, Hanson, Beachy, Venters and Kimbrel. With Teheran, Delgado, Minor and Vizcaino all knocking at the door. Yeah, they pretty much know what they're doing in the scouting/drafting/developing department.

and they traded away Feliz & Andrus

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)

One of the rare teams out there who can trade away good young talent or not pay them as pending FA and still not miss a beat cause of their scouting. (Red Sox and Tampa also jump out) And at those times I was shocked at the deals as a prospect lover, but understood them. (loved reading about Hanley when he was in the Sawks farm system for example)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)

And they got back at the time arguably the best two-way 1B in the game, who was all of 27. The trade was a slam dunk at the time. The fact that they couldn't extend him was what made it a loss overall. But like Ace said, when you're pumpin' out legitimate talent from your system at the rate the Braves do, you can afford to part with a light-hitting (though tremendously gifted defensively) SS and a closer. And Freddi Freeman continues to spray the ball all over the place. Another 3 hits including a 3-run homer. Do the Braves have the top three rookies in the NL at the moment?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
And they got back at the time arguably the best two-way 1B in the game, who was all of 27. The trade was a slam dunk at the time. The fact that they couldn't extend him was what made it a loss overall. But like Ace said, when you're pumpin' out legitimate talent from your system at the rate the Braves do, you can afford to part with a light-hitting (though tremendously gifted defensively) SS and a closer. And Freddi Freeman continues to spray the ball all over the place. Another 3 hits including a 3-run homer. Do the Braves have the top three rookies in the NL at the moment?

I think you missed my point. I was giving them props that their system was so good, they could trade away those two guys if they had to and not even flinch. Sometimes you have to give talent to get talent, it can't always be one-sided.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
I think you missed my point. I was giving them props that their system was so good, they could trade away those two guys if they had to and not even flinch. Sometimes you have to give talent to get talent, it can't always be one-sided.

Ahhhhh. Yes, I totally missed your point. My fault.

QUOTE (kageman129 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
No one mentioned this on here yet? Angels promote Mike Trout from Double-A

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...tory?id=6748299

I can't wait to see Trout play this weekend. Excellent skills and only 19 years old.

Insert standard "Everyone else calls up top prospects, but the Sox don't have a spot for Viciedo" post here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Insert standard "Everyone else calls up top prospects, but the Sox don't have a spot for Viciedo" post here.

No for Trout, you'll see more "Why the hell did we pass on him for Jared Mitchell" post more.