2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another early BP session for Dunn is ready to start. Stephen Sauer to start the first round.

Wondering what this means for Sauer and the rest of 2011?

Kevin Moran left for Chicago today to check out his elbow injury (likely out for year)

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Bout time, now lets see if he keeps on hitting and becomes a legit prospect.

As much as I like him, I do think he could use at least half of 2012 in AAA before he's fully ready.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
John Spatola to Winston-Salem. Figured Brady Shoemaker would've been moved up instead.

Spats is a more natural Right Feilder than Shoemaker. Replacing Café, with a right fielder makes sence even though I feel they could use Ciolli as a RF and have Shoe in Winston's LF

Jason Bour promoted to Birmingham, Stephen Sauer activated from the DL. Don't know what that means for Josh Phegley and Jared Price in B'ham. Price could have been released, traded or DL'ed.

Just now from my Twitter:

Charlotte Knights

@KnightsBaseball Charlotte Knights

He does it again. 3-run HR for Dayan Viciedo. A monster shot to right center. He has 16 HR and 62 RBI this season.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Man, I just saw the vid of Mike Trout getting drafted for the first time. No matter what fan you are, that experience had to have bring a smile to you.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=4959213

Amazing. And awesome!!!!

And sad. Two picks after we took Mitchell.

Just now from my Twitter:

Charlotte Knights

@KnightsBaseball Charlotte Knights

He does it again. 3-run HR for Dayan Viciedo. A monster shot to right center. He has 16 HR and 62 RBI this season.

And to back this up even more he has 7K's and 7 BB's in July!!

And only 66 K's for the year in 339 PA's. Really gotten better in plate discipline.

QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Kevin Moran left for Chicago today to check out his elbow injury (likely out for year)

Update:

Officially joining the Tommy John surgery club on Wednesday..Could also be referred to as the Birdball pitching staff surgery!