ST: 3/9-- Sox vs Giants

flavum

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I think he went after Greinke there because ZG's injury did not happen while playing baseball.

Dat is correct.

It was a basketball injury. Also I don't like Greinke's attitude compared to Jake's. Greinke admitted he went thru the motions last year despite making a lot of money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Dat is correct.

It was a basketball injury. Also I don't like Greinke's attitude compared to Jake's. Greinke admitted he went thru the motions last year despite making a lot of money.

Gotcha, makes more sense now.

49 pitches for Peavy, wow. I didn't expect that in early March. I think he saw Harrell & Humber pitch and said "f***, this team is screwed if I can't start the season!"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
@SI_JonHeyman Peavy start (3 2/3 IPs) looked better to us than him.

What the hell does that mean?

I guess Jake wasn't happy with his performance??

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Jon Heyman

Peavy start (3 2/3 IPs) looked better to us than him. He cited hamstring tightness, normal soreness. #chisox

That's the fun part. Peavy can look pissed off about anything, which probably got taken the wrong way.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
I know it's spring training, but I'd like to see Morel higher than .188 in a few weeks.

I wouldn't worry about it. We need the guy to be rock solid in the field, anything he gives at the plate is an added bonus outta the 9 hole.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
I wouldn't worry about it. We need the guy to be rock solid in the field, anything he gives at the plate is an added bonus outta the 9 hole.

Ahh, 2006...

EDIT: To clarify, I don't disagree with you, but I think I've heard/expressed that sentiment before.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Ahh, 2006...

EDIT: To clarify, I don't disagree with you, but I think I've heard/expressed that sentiment before.

Don't get me started about 2006 where a good CF was benched because of hitting woes despite the fact there were four 30 HR guys in the lineup already and his replacement sucked in the field, leading to our pitching staff throwing more pitches and tiring down the stretch.

2006 and 2010 were not what Ozzie would call his better yrs managing the White Sox.

This is the problem with following spring training games...seeing AJ at .111 makes me think he'll stink all year, and he'll be making 6 mil in 2012 for being garbage.

But seriously, if Morel is at 9, would anyone object to Alexei at 7 and AJ at 8?

QUOTE (Allsox @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Don't get me started about 2006 where a good CF was benched because of hitting woes despite the fact there were four 30 HR guys in the lineup already and his replacement sucked in the field, leading to our pitching staff throwing more pitches and tiring down the stretch.

2006 and 2010 were not what Ozzie would call his better yrs managing the White Sox.

Agreed. I'm just saying, no matter whether Morel's offense should be a bonus or not, there will be turmoil if he sucks with the bat.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Agreed. I'm just saying, no matter whether Morel's offense should be a bonus or not, there will be turmoil if he sucks with the bat.

Unless he starts out with a Robin Venturaesque 0 - 41, I expect the kid to hit at least above the pitcher's BA and that should be enuff. If anyone thinks this kid should hit 2005 Joe Crede numbers, they're insane.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Fun Fact:

Ventura got a hit in his first game in 1989. The 0-41 was in his rookie season of 1990.

Hawk has got this wrong for years.

I remember Robin and Franks debuts that year. There wasn't a whole lot else to watch on those teams. I can't imagine how Soxtalk would have looked if they had to watch that baseball being played.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
I remember Robin and Franks debuts that year. There wasn't a whole lot else to watch on those teams. I can't imagine how Soxtalk would have looked if they had to watch that baseball being played.

On Robin's debut team from 1989, yes - not a whole lot to watch there. They were a last place team. But Frank's debut team of 1990 was a terrific one. That club came out of nowhere to give the then-mighty Oakland A's a run for their money in the AL West that summer. It was the last year at Old Comiskey Park, too, which added to all of the fun that year. And for Frank's part, he hit the ground running. He batted .330 to go along with a .983 OPS in 240 bats, on his way, of course, to becoming the greatest hitter in White Sox history. :gosox4: