Southeast Region

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
How does Butler do it? This team is almost completely devoid of talent.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. They have enough talent to be a one and done, 8 to 11 seed type team. But overall, they're doing this because Brad Stevens is an absolute freaking genius, and an incredible tournament situation coach. I didn't think they had the talent to beat Wisconsin tonight, but Butler was just relentless on defense until they stopped playing a little too early. Florida has better players than Butler, but so did Wisconsin, Pitt, and Old Dominion. So who the heck knows what'll happen Saturday.

If Butler can manage to make the Final Four two years in a row....I don't even know what to say. I didn't think it was possible for a Horizon League team to do such a thing. For them to even have gone this far after last year is something. Brad Stevens is in the position now to be VERY picky with where he goes. He should just laugh and hang up if places like Tennessee or Missouri call him, and wait for a legit superpower, top 5 or 10 program to call with a Brinks truck full of money. Because that will eventually happen. Although what the heck, he's a local boy, he seems very happy, seems like a pretty simple guy...maybe he wants to say.

I mean, a Title Game and (at least) Elite 8 appearance in back to back years? Butler isn't a superpower, but they aren't far away from it right now. And they've passed Xavier and Gonzaga for best non-BCS program in America. And you can't say he couldn't win a National Title there after how close they were last year. Although I complimented Butler....this is another Wisconsin loss against a lower seed when the bracket set up well for them. They've done it far too often. And I think it's hard to argue with the idea that BYU beats Florida with Brandon Davies on the floor. Unfortunate. I still don't fully buy what Florida is selling, and I wouldn't be shocked if Butler beats them at all.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
Ehh I wouldn't go that far. They have enough talent to be a one and done, 8 to 11 seed type team. But overall, they're doing this because Brad Stevens is an absolute freaking genius, and an incredible tournament situation coach. I didn't think they had the talent to beat Wisconsin tonight, but Butler was just relentless on defense until they stopped playing a little too early. Florida has better players than Butler, but so did Wisconsin, Pitt, and Old Dominion. So who the heck knows what'll happen Saturday.

If Butler can manage to make the Final Four two years in a row....I don't even know what to say. I didn't think it was possible for a Horizon League team to do such a thing. For them to even have gone this far after last year is something. Brad Stevens is in the position now to be VERY picky with where he goes. He should just laugh and hang up if places like Tennessee or Missouri call him, and wait for a legit superpower, top 5 or 10 program to call with a Brinks truck full of money. Because that will eventually happen. Although what the heck, he's a local boy, he seems very happy, seems like a pretty simple guy...maybe he wants to say.

I mean, a Title Game and (at least) Elite 8 appearance in back to back years? Butler isn't a superpower, but they aren't far away from it right now. And they've passed Xavier and Gonzaga for best non-BCS program in America. And you can't say he couldn't win a National Title there after how close they were last year. Although I complimented Butler....this is another Wisconsin loss against a lower seed when the bracket set up well for them. They've done it far too often. And I think it's hard to argue with the idea that BYU beats Florida with Brandon Davies on the floor. Unfortunate. I still don't fully buy what Florida is selling, and I wouldn't be shocked if Butler beats them at all.

He is a good coach, but he didnt magically make Wisconsin go absolutely cold on open shots all night.

Generally speaking when you're still dribbling at half court with 5 seconds left it's a dreadful possession that's going to fail. It blows my mind how many players/teams/coaches run that. The percentage of standing around and chucking is not good. Drive to the lane with 7-8 seconds left and see if something opens up.

Florida just took a low percentage shot and didn't even give themselves a chance to get a rebound. That's completely inexcusable in my mind.

Donovan is a f***ing moron. Why the hell do you put the ball in Walker's hands instead of Boynton's at the end of regulation and OT tonight? Also, Butler is the luckiest team in the history of basketball. Last years team was legitimately good, this team is incredibly mediocre but everybody sucks this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
That's exactly what I just said to my friend. I don't see any way they don't end up in the Championship game.

I don't see VCU beating KU but Butler has something magical going for them, I wouldn't count them out in a game against Kansas.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
I don't see VCU beating KU but Butler has something magical going for them, I wouldn't count them out in a game against Kansas.

I concur. I see no way that Butler matches up with KU but that has been said several times about Butler and it still happens. Go Bulldogs!