Good Question

Big Irish

For those of us born and raised in the Chicsgo metro area we are often posed the quetion as would you rather the Sox win the World Series or the Bears (presented by Bank One) win the Super Bowl? It is a great ? and I have thought about it a lot. It is definately a tough call. On the one hand it is DA Bears. c'mon. DA Bears are Chicago and what greater to bring back the city than the Lombardi Trophy.

But then I thought about it some more and was like Baseball is america's past time and it would be incredible to see the Sox take one. What a day that would be.

But in thinking about it I think I have come up with the determining factor for anyone who has pondered this very question.

You want the Sox to win the series.

#1. It is Baseball.

#2. It is all ours. We don't have to share it with those BASTARD Cub fans :fthecubs It is all ours to show off and brag about for a long time and at that point gone are the days of ever losing any sort of arguement to a cub fan. We don't have to share it with anyone but ourselves. :headbang :headbang :headbang

I grew up in Chicago why in the world would I be a Bears fan? When i was growing up, the Bears played at Wrigley and the Cards played at Comiskey. With the Cubby-Bear thing and both teams at Wrigley, think I'm a Bears fan? Ain't no way. I don't like anything that called Wrigley home. With the Cards gone, I switched around a few years until the Dolphins and that is my team. A lot of Sox fans my age who are my friends did that - one of them is a San Diego fan.

Note that everyone loved the 85 Bears and glad they lost that one to Miami and glad they won the super bowl.

However, they can go 0-16 for all I care. The Sox are all that matter.

I have witnessed a Bears superbowl (i was 2).....

Anyway, i'm a much bigger baseball fan and white sox fan. Since i'm a much much much bigger college football fan than NFL fan, a lot of teams come before my support of the Bears. Plus, Bears fans are for the most part, idiots. I can say this with some substance behind it as i was at every Bears game last year in Champaign. Very uneducated people to say the least. College crowds are much more intelligent. Sure they (bears fans) are loud; but they know next to nothing about football and there are way way way too many drunks there.

Which i guess turns this post off on a tangent. Being a Bears fan is a total image thing, you want to be looked at as cool and a tough guy and there's a hard nose attitude behind it. It's all bullcrap. That's just my feeling.

Hell, being a Sox fan, that sure as hell isn't for the image (otherwise we'd be Cubs fans). Sox fans are very loyal to their team, knowledgeable, dedicated, et al.

Moving on -

You could say Sox fans deserve a World Series more than Bears fans deserve a Super Bowl Title - again, this is just my opinion.

I think it would be more rewarding for myself and all other Sox/Bears fans if the Sox won the Series.

Since I have witnessed a Bears Superbowl champion I would go with the Sox. 

But Hell, I want both.  I'm a greedy Son of a b****. :lol:

And as long as we are dreaming, can God ccok up something for the Hawks?

Did someone say Hawks? With God in the same sentence?

That's the only thing that would be better than a Sox World Series

Any Bruins, White Sox, or Steelers championship would have me flying off walls, never seen any of the three, not holding my breath.

damn, I've seen two out of three of those*, and those two more than once (didn't the Bruins win the Stanley Cup a few times with Orr) -

so the only one left is the Sox world series!

*which makes me feel very old :fyou

:lol: :canada

Greedy guys up in Motown, can you lend us a cup banner? Our 1961 banner is quite dusty at this point, and the color is fading

our banners (notice, plural, as in 3 in 7 years) are still so new! :lol:

This guarentees a Heather posting now.

damn, I've seen two out of three of those*, and those two more than once (didn't the Bruins win the Stanley Cup a few times with Orr) -

so the only one left is the Sox world series!

*which makes me feel very old :fyou

:lol:  :canada

The only time I've ever broken a bone, was the baby toe on my right foot, kicking the counch after Neil O'Donnel(the career NFL lowest int%) threw his second pick in Superbowl 30.