Not a great feeling about the KC series...

macsandz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
Well I think they're going to win both of them so we have all grounds covered (unless someone is VERY sure that one or both of the games will be rained out).

In case you were wondering, the Royals pitching is really, really bad.

Hope you are right. Hochever is decent and I'm not sure the Sox have seen Francis before. Royals lineup can rake.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Hope you are right. Hochever is decent and I'm not sure the Sox have seen Francis before. Royals lineup can rake.

Hochevar is garbage and Francis is a soft tossing lefty. I'd be quite surprised if they don't score enough runs - 4-5 at a minimum for both, and I'm expecting closer to 6-8.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
I have a bad feeling about our bullpen. Other than that, I'm still on the optimistic side.

I have that feeling too. This bullpen is one that is going to have to be managed well. I'm not sure Ozzie has that in him.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Whenever Oz calls Will Ohman out of the pen...everyone looking at the television in disbelief says one thing...and only one thing.

Oh...man!#$! WTF!

It's been, what, 3 games? Let's not turn him into Linebrink already.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
It's been, what, 3 games? Let's not turn him into Linebrink already.

He's the left handed LineSTINK.

And they should change your title on here from MVP to Ohman Lover. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
If we're going for OMG NO!!! analogies to Sox bullpenners of past, I'm going with McDougal.

No, I think Linebrink works better in this analogy. MacDougal couldn't throw strikes, so if he came in, it was pretty much a given that he'd walk 2 hitters per appearance. Ohman hasn't had that problem. His problem has been throwing balls over the fat part of the plate, which was also Linebrink's problem.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
We need both games because we have a tough schedule ahead...if we end up over .500 starting May, I'll be impressed.

It's way too early to bust that stuff out. Everyone realizes we have 159 games remaining right? Even the best teams of all time lose a decent amount.