Manny Ramirez (un)Retires

Marty34

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
This probably means he was juicing with us, btw.

I doubt it, reports are saying he failed during ST, and that he looked much bigger in spring training this year.

PS. I posted this this in Diamond Club, please delete thread. TIA.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Hate to see him go out like this. He should be remembered as one of the best RH hitters of all time, not this.

Dude may be the first MLBer to test positive for something on 3 different occasions. That's what he should be remembered as.

Not that Manny being a roider is a some shocking new revelation or anything but seems like an appropriate time to look at this depressing ass list:

1 Bonds

2 Aaron

3 Ruth

4 Mays

5 Griffey

6 Rodriguez

7 Sosa

8 Thome

9 Robinson

10 McGwire

11 Killebrew

12 Palmeiro

13 Jackson

14 Ramirez

15 Schmidt

16 Mantle

17 Foxx

18 McCovey

18 Thomas

18 Williams

The revised list does move Jim Thome up to 5th all time which is quite nice.

1 Aaron

2 Ruth

3 Mays

4 Griffey

5 Thome

6 Robinson

7 Killebrew

8 Jackson

9 Schmidt

10 Mantle

11 Foxx

12 McCovey

12 Thomas

12 Williams

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Hate to see him go out like this. He should be remembered as one of the best RH hitters of all time, not this.

He might have been remembered as "AAA ballplayer #2740865" if it weren't for the juice.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
I dunno, I think it's a stretch to say that 'roids will move you from AAA to first-ballot HOF.

NO way to know. He's a cheat who didn't give a s*** and kept on cheatin' on... forget about him. He's a POS who could swing a bat and made millions doing it. Nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not HOF worthy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
NO way to know. He's a cheat who didn't give a s*** and kept on cheatin' on... forget about him. He's a POS who could swing a bat and made millions doing it. Nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not HOF worthy.

Don't get me wrong, glad to see the cheating SOB go and I'll be glad if he never makes it to Cooperstown.

I just don't think juice can elevate you that much. Even if Manny had a little less power, he'd still have been a great hitter.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
Don't get me wrong, glad to see the cheating SOB go and I'll be glad if he never makes it to Cooperstown.

I just don't think juice can elevate you that much. Even if Manny had a little less power, he'd still have been a great hitter.

This is all I have to say in reply.

juiced-715226.jpg

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
I really hope this a joke. Did you ever see him when he first came up? He would have been a great hitter regardless, but steroids made him one of the best in the game.

Please prove to me that he wasn't juicing in the minors. The stuff was already all over baseball in the early 90's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Please prove to me that he wasn't juicing in the minors. The stuff was already all over baseball in the early 90's.

Ok ok ok.

Can we just bump any thread dealing with any player (let's go A-Rod) and not have this conversation again!!!! :lolhitting

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)

What made him great was his outstanding intellect in pitch recognition and tendency to "guess right." Steroids don't enhance that.