Most ignored SoxTalk poster

Jerksticks

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
If we were the types of mods/admins you seem to think we are... or if this were a site that was actually restrictive like WSI (nothing against that, its just their preferred style)... then you wouldn't even be able to read these responses to your posts, would you?

Carry on.

[banned]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Brian never posts in PHT. That's pretty much why he goes unnoticed. Kyle and Greasywheels are in the same boat. All three are some of the best posters around.

Oh I notice kyyle and my boy greasy though. Greasy is definitely one of the best and most underrated.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
If we were the types of mods/admins you seem to think we are... or if this were a site that was actually restrictive like WSI (nothing against that, its just their preferred style)... then you wouldn't even be able to read these responses to your posts, would you?

Carry on.

If it were WSI this thread would have been locked after the first post.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2011 -> 06:12 AM)
I use the ignore function but not because someone is a poor poster, it is usually good posters who we've happened to be on opposite sides of a couple threads and I'd rather allow things to die down. Currently I have Milkman on ignore, but "peek" at a few of his posts in some threads, just not in the 'buster.

Now a feature I would really like is a force ignore where I could have some people ignore my posts.

Score one for the Milkman! :lolhitting

I actually don't post in the Filibuster for this exact reason. If I seem to get angry at sports, you should see how bad I get with politics. I just try to take a "f*** it" stance on everything political now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
And the thread starter would have disappeared.

They're like the Stasi or Gestapo over there. I've never once attempted to go over there, so I only have others' opinions to base this off of.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
I agree. WSI sucks. I left here and went there for about two years.

I guess I just don't think that you guys should be "toeing the line" as Tex said. Shouldn't you be no where near the line, as an example?

Oh well, no big deal.

And we all agree with you. But we're also humans, passionate about sports and everything else we discuss here. We're also the people with some skin in the game. So we boil over as well, just hopefully when we boil over it's on the correct side of the line.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
With that mod statement above, this site is probably the best with the mods/administrators not being dicks. Go to WSI or RealGM and they all have this arrogance to them. Here it ain't that way.

Absolutely. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Daver guy over there is one of the worst human beings on the planet. I got banned in 05 or 06 for calling him out for crossing his own lines. No response, just Bansville. They didn't like Jerksticks over there. Many of you don't as well but at least you fairly tolerate me. WSI is a dinosaur of how internet community should be. But it works for them so whatever.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:18 AM)
Behind the scenes, mods and admins who do not follow the rules get blasted pretty hard by the others. One thing to consider, because we spend a lot of time discussing what is allowed and what is not allowed, we know where the line is and can do a very nice job of toeing the line. Speaking for myself, I have stepped over that line and was suspended for it. And please use the report a post feature when you believe anyone, including a mod, is ignoring the rules.

^^This

Mods do get "in trouble" for being dicks it just doesn't go on the regular board. They get picked to be mods probably because they're less likely to do something like that, but they're still the same type of people who post on a message board with opinions, emotions, etc.

I don't get any kind of "power trip" out of telling someone to knock off their behavior, suspending them, etc. I actually don't even really like it especially if it's a poster I'm really cool with, it's just that somebody has to do it so the place doesn't turn into a f***ing zoo. It's kind of a running joke how many times I've suspended Y2HH.

Edited by lostfan