Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
That is true, but the gap from Paulie to Frank is the size of the grand canyon.

Considering Paulie led the team to a World Series Championship, I'd say the gap is closed a bit.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Considering Paulie led the team to a World Series Championship, I'd say the gap is closed a bit.

This isn't basketball. You need an all around awesome roster to win a championship.

Had a three hour meeting put the old Soxtalk on page one when I left and walked through the game thread. perfect timing.

Gavin was going to the minors around page 3 and Lilli Hurt is The Lord of the Rings

That is a nice series and it looks like MR. Sale is ready to join the party.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Can this be a turnaround for the Sox. We win three in a row in Beantown and I believe have a winning record on this road trip

I just truly wish they'd follow the cliche, come to play every day and take them 'one at a time.'

When the Sox come to play, they are fun to watch.

Sergio is close to automatic, which is one thing u obviously need as a team.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
i would have gladly taken a 5-5 road trip if you had asked me the day before we went to texas

I'd take a 5-5 road trip every time IF we win 8 of every 10 at home or 7 of 10. Sox haven't been all that hot at home overall.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Can this be a turnaround for the Sox. We win three in a row in Beantown and I believe have a winning record on this road trip

5-5 but that's a decent result considering we had to go through two tough places for us to play historically in Texas and Toronto. We just as easily could have been 7-3 but that is this team it seems- we find ways to beat ourselves.

Nevertheless a good effort today and it's time to reverse the trend against DET this weekend! I'll be watching the night games from the Philippines in the morning local time!