Sox vs Tigers Game Thread 6-4-11

Soxfest

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
This is more of a personal issue I have, but there are so many classless players i f***ing HATE on the Tigers... It's not like that with any other team in baseball. I think Detroit as an organization is full of pricks...

Like Miami's Heat

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier: Ozzie just wanted to take some of the focus away from Mike Quade's decision to let Pujols beat the Cubs today. I owe you an apology Ozzie...we can't let the Cubs get the media attention, and you went out of your way to get the attention back on the Sox. Thanks!

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Pitching to Miguel f***ing Cabrera after a leadoff triple with 2 outs and 2 bases free is stupid. Period, Balta. I'm not even arguing this with you. I'm so sick of the copouts with people on this site.

Well I'll join you...pitching to Cabrera with the game on the line was another dumbass decision by ozzie...

He's an RBI machine.

There are guys you just don't let beat you with the game on the line and he's one of them...his fat ass nonwithstanding.

I'd take him in any condition over Dunn.

Edited by mcgrad70

Facts like Cabrera was 0/3 on the game and looked bad doing so, Facts like Martinez is hitting .340 with a .936 OPS since coming back from the DL?

You still don't pitch to the guy. It's Miguel Cabrera. He's one of the league's best hitters. Don't see why this is so hard to understand.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Rios

11:$12M, 12:$12M, 13:$12.5M, 14:$12.5M, 15:$13.5M club option ($1M buyout)

He's our Soriano.

Only probably even worse.

I'm in the I couldn't believe we didn't walk Cabrera intentionally corner too. I was very surprised. Well, not really...this is Ozzie we're talking about, but definitely disappointed. I pretty much knew if we're pitching to him, he's gonna beat us. However, as already mentioned, I was surprised we we're even in the game at all. I thought we'd be clobbered.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Rios

11:$12M, 12:$12M, 13:$12.5M, 14:$12.5M, 15:$13.5M club option ($1M buyout)

He's our Soriano.

not even close, and don't even bother putting 2015 in there, it's more like this

11:$12.25M

12:$12.25M

13:$12.75M

14:$12.75M

Total amount of money per year is the annual salary + 250k x 4years, since we're going to buy out his last year for 1mil

Edited by Real

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:32 AM)
So let me get this right...Ozzie calls out Rios for his bad body language, and then he doesn't run out a few grounders tonight? I'll be so disappointed if he's in the lineup tomorrow.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:43 AM)
Disagreeing with facts, no. "Allowed?" Well, sure; you can if you want... you're still wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
Facts like Cabrera was 0/3 on the game and looked bad doing so, Facts like Martinez is hitting .340 with a .936 OPS since coming back from the DL?

1.) Wow. So Rios has officially become lazy with the White Sox as he was in Toronto? He's become the Sox's version of Jose Guillen (with KC before)? I'm speechless. What a horrible horrible acquisition. I'd rather see Anderson out there. I really would. Is Brian still trying to pitch somewhere or retired?

2.) i read the thread. Some opinionated stuff there.

3.) My take on the game is we had it tied against Verlander, have to win it, just have to at home. Very very bad loss when you are as many back as we are and with Cleveland getting abused by the Rangers. s***ty loss for the white sox. Losing the series should put us back in sell mode quickly.

Dunn was horrible as usual with a chance to tie it. Gosh he is worthless as well as Rios.

Edited by greg775

1.) Wow. So Rios has officially become lazy with the White Sox as he was in Toronto? He's become the Sox's version of Jose Guillen (with KC before)? I'm speechless. What a horrible horrible acquisition. I'd rather see Anderson out there. I really would. Is Brian still trying to pitch somewhere or retired?

2.) i read the thread. Some opinionated stuff there.

3.) My take on the game is we had it tied against Verlander, have to win it, just have to at home. Very very bad loss when you are as many back as we are and with Cleveland getting abused by the Rangers. s***ty loss for the white sox. Losing the series should put us back in sell mode quickly.

Dunn was horrible as usual with a chance to tie it. Gosh he is worthless as well as Rios.

1. At face-value I agree with this. All that s***ting on Anderson because despite great defense he couldn't hit... so let's drop him then throw gigantic $$$ at another player who's the same exact thing. Kenny likes getting guys who *used* to be amazing.

2. It's not opinion. Pitching to Miguel Cabrera with the game on the line and 2 bases open is stupid; it's that simple. I'd take my chances on V-Mart over Miggy any day of the week. Hell, walking them both woulda been smarter than simply pitching to Miggy, IMO.