WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Are you insinuating that I just hate on White Sox prospects no matter what they're doing? If so, that's BS. I hate so much on our system because it's warranted. But what the hell am I supposed to say about Viciedo? Yeah, you want to see more plate discipline. But he's improved in that regard. He'll never be Barry Bonds or Frank. But that's pretty damn rare.

Well you have said on multiple occassions that there is absolutely no one doing good in our minor leagues, to which I've responded "What about Viciedo? Reed? Petricka? Kuhn? Wilkins? and a couple others.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
Well you have said on multiple occassions that there is absolutely no one doing good in our minor leagues, to which I've responded "What about Viciedo? Reed? Petricka? Kuhn? Wilkins? and a couple others.

Minus Viciedo, I think there is a huge difference between guys doing well and having legitimate prospects. Reed is still a bullpen arm, granted with great stuff, but if you are a reliever in the minor leagues, you still have to question his future. Kuhn is hitting out of his mind and profiles as a utility player. Perhaps he will surprise. Petricka is still a long ways away. Every year we have guys having great seasons in the minors, but that doesn't mean we should be really excited about them. Hell Leo Daigle had an OPS of nearly 1.000 one year for us.

Edited by maggsmaggs

How many of those guys are age-appropriate for their league(s)? I like Reed. The rest have minimal to no upside at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
I said this last week, but it sure seems like KW's way of throwing Ozzie under the bus.

Or at least putting the onus on Ozzie to make a decision that's patently obvious to everyone else. But sadly, it underscores the REAL problem, which is that KW doesn't have the full authority to do this on his own.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Kuhn as many said is seen as a utility guy. Reports on his defense aren't great either. Wilkins really isn't impressive at all: .253/.333/.433. Dayan and Reed are alright though. Petricka needs to perform at a more age appropriate level, and right now his injury is preventing this. He's headed to Great Falls to rehab next.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)

What is it with your man crush on Andy Wilkins? It's worse than NSS with Remenowsky. But at least Remenowsky might actually make the major leagues

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Oh, please. I pointed out the oppo hits because there's a huge % of folks here who think he's the all-or-nothing, pull-happy, strikeout-king type. He isn't.

He's a high-average, line drive machine with a great approach. And he's quickly learning that a lot of pitchers would rather deal with the next guy in the lineup and taking his walks.

Kid'll have growing pains and plenty of bad days. And that will still be WORLDS better than what we're getting from our LF today.

Yeah but also get ready for some butcher work in the outfield, similar to Juan, maybe even worse.

You can't convince me the Tank is going to be a decent defender.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Yeah but also get ready for some butcher work in the outfield, similar to Juan, maybe even worse.

If he catches any ball within a five foot radius of where he happens to stand and hits the way that he can, he will be better than Slappy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Cause he's huge. Is he known for having any range at all? if he is OK, I'll eat my words.

It's difficult to go from minor league stats or anything like that, but he's not, as far as I know, known to be slow.

He also definitely has a shotgun for an arm, which is a nice thing to have on a guy if his range isn't the best.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
It's difficult to go from minor league stats or anything like that, but he's not, as far as I know, known to be slow.

He also definitely has a shotgun for an arm, which is a nice thing to have on a guy if his range isn't the best.

If he has a Bo Jackson-type arm, that would be helpful. It might even add some excitement to the Cell.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)

Goldstein has noted his range is unimpressive as one would imagine. I don't think anyone should expect great defense from him. Passable is what I'm eventually expecting.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)

You cannot be worse defensively than Pierre has been this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
You cannot be worse defensively than Pierre has been this year.

Be careful here. We may be seeing Dunn in LF sometime in the next few days. Should be fun!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)

Have you personally seen him play? If not you're just making a complete guess.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Have you personally seen him play? If not you're just making a complete guess.

I am guessing, but can you envision a guy named "Tank" being a good defender?

I'm still all for bringing him up now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)

Can you imagine a speedy outfielder having no range and not knowing how to catch a ball?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

You're seriously using a nickname as a reason? And now you're changing from "decent" to "good". With Dayan's offensive potential, if he provides decent defense with a cannon arm that will be sufficient

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Can you imagine a speedy outfielder having no range and not knowing how to catch a ball?

Pierre stinks obviously, but KW doesn't have the balls to make the move apparently.

A good GM would make the move and fire Ozzie if Ozzie b****es about it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
You're seriously using a nickname as a reason? And now you're changing from "decent" to "good". With Dayan's offensive potential, if he provides decent defense with a cannon arm that will be sufficient

Heck, for as bad as Soriano's defense was for the Cubs a few years ago, teams were still scared to run on him on a single to left.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)

I'll just shut up now and wait and see when he comes up, but I do picture Dayan being lost out in the green outfield pastures. CQ has proven you can learn to play the outfield.

I was in favor of leaving him at third.