WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Pierre stinks obviously, but KW doesn't have the balls to make the move apparently.

A good GM would make the move and fire Ozzie if Ozzie b****es about it.

Again, it doesn't appear that KW holds sway over the manager as other GM's have over their's. JR is responsible for this convoluted power structure.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
You're seriously using a nickname as a reason? And now you're changing from "decent" to "good". With Dayan's offensive potential, if he provides decent defense with a cannon arm that will be sufficient

I haven't seen him play much in the outfield. however, it sounds like we're looking at Carlos Lee part 2. A guy converted to the outfield because he couldn't play third. He'll hit alot of HR's, have a great arm but drive use crazy running around in the outfield.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
I haven't seen him play much in the outfield. however, it sounds like we're looking at Carlos Lee part 2. A guy converted to the outfield because he couldn't play third. He'll hit alot of HR's, have a great arm but drive use crazy running around in the outfield.

Very likely. Like I said passable is probably his defensive ceiling. He had fall-down range at 3B. That said as a total package he's a significant upgrade over Juan Pierre.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)

Which would make him a lot like Juan, with an arm instead of a noodle.

Played quite a bit in the OF in Cuba, so he's not a total stranger. That said, he's not likely to be a star in the field. I think there's a good chance he ends up at 1B, post Konerko retirement.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Which would make him a lot like Juan, with an arm instead of a noodle.

Played quite a bit in the OF in Cuba, so he's not a total stranger. That said, he's not likely to be a star in the field. I think there's a good chance he ends up at 1B, post Konerko retirement.

Yup. And hopefully by that time, Walker/Thompson/Mitchell will be ready for corner OF.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Literally just Lol'd at this....til I realized that it was 100% true statement.

But we can all see that this is really not an exaggeration. How does management not see this? I am bewildered.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
What is it with your man crush on Andy Wilkins? It's worse than NSS with Remenowsky. But at least Remenowsky might actually make the major leagues

How do I have a man crush on him? I can't remember the last time I ever brought him up outside of the daily minor league recaps. But regardless, he is still having a good season. Not as well as he did in RK ball last year, but he still is doing well enough to be selected for the all-star team, and being 22 in High-A, he is age appropriate.

One of the more maddening aspects of Juan's game is that he can't score anyone from second with a single, because the opposition can play him at little league depth. Viciedo will a positive effect on defense as well as offense, with the strength of his arm and the depth the opposition's defense will have to play due to his power threat.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
If Ozzie had any brains and/or Kenny had any balls, Viciedo would be starting in the OF for the Sox by now.

The longer he stays in AAA, the more he looks like a trade chit when Kenny goes all in. Logic would have him up by now. The only reason to keep him down pounding the crap out of the ball is to max his value without risking damaging it by bringing him up.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
The longer he stays in AAA, the more he looks like a trade chit when Kenny goes all in. Logic would have him up by now. The only reason to keep him down pounding the crap out of the ball is to max his value without risking damaging it by bringing him up.

That's a decent theory. Teams all around baseball are calling up their young studs now that the 'Super 2' deadline has passed. We've got some of the worst everyday players in baseball taking up space yet we can't find room for one of the top hitters in all the minor leagues. And another thing...why the hell does Lillibridge have 1 PA since he basically won the game last Saturday against the A's? This organization. Oh my goodness.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:32 AM)
That's a decent theory. Teams all around baseball are calling up their young studs now that the 'Super 2' deadline has passed. We've got some of the worst everyday players in baseball taking up space yet we can't find room for one of the top hitters in all the minor leagues. And another thing...why the hell does Lillibridge have 1 PA since he basically won the game last Saturday against the A's? This organization. Oh my goodness.

Lillibridge will get his once a week start because a lefty is pitching tomorrow. Then it will be Pierre getting outs in bunches on Sunday.