WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

Seems pretty clear now, to me anyway, that the service time is the issue.

If we know the exact day, let's rename this as a countdown thread.

Something like: T-Minus 12 days to Viciedo blastoff! (maybe)

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
Yea he quote was reffering to Pierre.

Ozzie saying 'as long as he is here' puts it on Kenny to DFA him!

Why doesn't 'as long as he is here' translate to Lillibridge getting most starts in LF? After all he can actually play defense and swipe a bag or two. What exactly does Pierre offer? I'm mean, as long as Lillibridge is here he should be getting most starts over Pierre. Isn't that obvious to anyone with half a brain?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
Why doesn't 'as long as he is here' translate to Lillibridge getting most starts in LF? After all he can actually play defense and swipe a bag or two. What exactly does Pierre offer? I'm mean, as long as Lillibridge is here he should be getting most starts over Pierre. Isn't that obvious to anyone with half a brain?

You can make the argument, and some here do, that the stealth elf gets exposed the more at bats he gets.

That said...the fact that he is performing means "let's expose what his limits are and stop protecting him from success" is a reasonable conclusion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
220 PAs = one month on the DL?

Yes. According to Balta, Teahen and Pierre would have approximately the same number of plate appearances at this point if it weren't for the short DL stint for Teahen.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Is it really so bad that we're pining for Mark Teahen to get AB's?

Just shooting down the faulty logic of "If he's here we have to play him". It's obviously a lame excuse that doesn't fly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Just shooting down the faulty logic of "If he's here we have to play him". It's obviously a lame excuse that doesn't fly.

You're missing my point.

I'm ripping Ozzie for playing Teahen at 3b last night.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
Yes. According to Balta, Teahen and Pierre would have approximately the same number of plate appearances at this point if it weren't for the short DL stint for Teahen.

OK, I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Update: Pierre's ISO is now down to .042 just 1 point off last year's record tying pace when he sported the lowest ISO for an Outfielder since 1920. It's also been 2 weeks since he last stole a base, he's 1-2 for the month of June.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Update: Pierre's ISO is now down to .042 just 1 point off last year's record tying pace when he sported the lowest ISO for an Outfielder since 1920. It's also been 2 weeks since he last stole a base, he's 1-2 for the month of June.

But if he's here we have to play him. After all, he is an investment that the Sox made.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
But if he's here we have to play him. After all, he is an investment that the Sox made.

I think I just threw up some of my dinner from last night.

Yum. Meat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)

You are also forgetting how he arrives to the park at 11 a.m. before anyone else, gels well with his teammates and often leaves the park after everyone else.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
You are also forgetting how he arrives to the park at 11 a.m. before anyone else, gels well with his teammates and often leaves the park after everyone else.

Maybe that's why he lost his speed. He's exhausted from running 6 hours before each game.

At this point in my career, if I was Pierre, I would just be thinking to myself that it's time to do this different. He should try putting on some muscle, pick up a heavier bat; something that could perhaps extend his career. He has always made contact, perhaps with some muscle those weak grounders will find their way through..........or maybe they'll just be hit harder to the second baseman.

He sure as hell isn't making much more off of this whole, speedy slappy grindy approach he has had for his career prior to the WhiteSox.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
By the way, I never want to hear anyone say that Rios is giving it his all. That guy never runs out grounders. It's like watching Konerko run one out, but at least PK has the legitimate excuse of being just about the slowest player in the majors.

seemed to me he was dogging it on that popout and could have easily doubled up the runner on 1st last nite

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
seemed to me he was dogging it on that popout and could have easily doubled up the runner on 1st last nite

I didn't even notice that. I was thinking of a groundout that happened yesterday (or maybe it was the day before, honestly a lot of this season is compacted together in my mind).