WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Viciedo up just as much as everyone else. But because the Sox (for some unknown reason) didn't bring him up a month or so ago, it really does make the most sense at this point to hold off for five more days. At that point it won't cost the Sox one of his arbitration years. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been brought up sooner, just saying because they waited this long, might as well wait five more days and then pull the trigger.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
How many teams with a struggling offense would keep their top prospect in the minors who is raking?

Just look at the Mariners... they have way more cash invested in Figgins but benched him in favor of Ackley.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
De Aza would probably help the team more since his line is very close to Viceido's now and he plays better defense, can steal bases, has more experience and is left handed.

What would be hilarious is if the Sox to finally cut Pierre, and then call up De Aza instead.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
De Aza would probably help the team more since his line is very close to Viceido's now and he plays better defense, can steal bases, has more experience and is left handed.

We need runs, and DV drives em in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
As has been discussed ad nauseum, it does not take much to upgrade from the statistical worst player in baseball.

I know it's hard to compare since Dunn doesn't play defense but isn't he worse than Pierre?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Correct indeed! Adam Dunn (-0.9) has now passed Juan (-0.7). You win sadness!

Gotta love having two of the s***tiest hitters in all of baseball getting a ton of ABs on our team. We might as well get rid of the DH and let some of our pitchers get ABs. They can't be much worse.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Gotta love having two of the s***tiest hitters in all of baseball getting a ton of ABs on our team. We might as well get rid of the DH and let some of our pitchers get ABs. They can't be much worse.

It gets better... Alex Rios is a -0.4!

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
I want Viciedo up just as much as everyone else. But because the Sox (for some unknown reason) didn't bring him up a month or so ago, it really does make the most sense at this point to hold off for five more days. At that point it won't cost the Sox one of his arbitration years. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been brought up sooner, just saying because they waited this long, might as well wait five more days and then pull the trigger.

I have actually been wanting to say this for about a week. As much as it doesn't make sense, it sort of does make sense.

If Harper's raking in AA next season at this time and still not up, you might have a legit point.

Obviously, they're gearing towards having both of their franchise players on the same roster at least by mid-season 2012. Let's not forget Harper skipped a year or so of high school (for home tutoring/GED) and started his pro career at a legit 18. Viciedo has gotten a TON of experience the last 2 1/2 seasons in the minors, all of it at the AA level or above.

As for Jennings, that's probably more of a monetary/arb years issue. With Viciedo, he's already on a major league contract. We've invested tons of money into him compared to say, Morel or Sale.