WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
Morel is terrible too and what's maddening is they don't have to play him because of his contract. They're going to lose this division in part because they stuck too long with Pierre and Morel.

Brent Morel is not terrible and repeating it doesn't make him so. He's a rookie and he's hitting .282 since May 3, and playing excellent defense.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
Brent Morel is not terrible and repeating it doesn't make him so. He's a rookie and he's hitting .282 since May 3, and playing excellent defense.

.266/.277/.330/.607 since May 1st (his May wasn't too embarrassing with the .297 wOBA, only about 25 points below league average)

.250/.246/.286/.531 since June 1st

.154/.150/.205/.355 since June 8th. (6 for his last 39)

/joining in the cherry picking fun

At least his defense has been good.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Sometimes when ballplayers try to do something they fail. /shrug

It may change after the all star break, but our hitters seem to fail a lot.

You've got to beat Washington at home if you want to make any noise at all. The Sox seem to fail at an alarming clip when they have runners at the corners with less than two outs.

All those comebacks last night were great, but ultimately just led to another potentially deflating loss.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
Morel is terrible too and what's maddening is they don't have to play him because of his contract. They're going to lose this division in part because they stuck too long with Pierre and Morel.

IF we lose this division the scarlet letter-men will be Becham, Rios, Dunn, Thornton ( as closer ), Santos ( growing pains ), and Pierre.

Morel has not done THAT bad.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
IF we lose this division the scarlet letter-men will be Becham, Rios, Dunn, Thornton ( as closer ), Santos ( growing pains ), and Pierre.

He certainly can be better and in particular we need to see some more power out of him now. But he's low on the list of guys you should be complaining about.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
He certainly can be better and in particular we need to see some more power out of him now.

Absolutely agree.

Heck man - for years I called Crede - Joe ' I always f*cking pop up ' Crede... we all know what nick name stuck with that man. :headbang

When Hawk babble's on about if we get Rios/Dunn/Beckham going it's gonna be "all good", notice how he doesn't mention Pierre as one of the guys that needs to get going for the Sox to win... He knows he's a lost cause. Only one person doesn't seem to think so.

Can't wait for Tank Time

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)

Morel can easily be replaced. He's not a good fit for a team that needs offense. On that I think we can all agree.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
Viciedo broke a 1-1 tie today with a 3 run jack...

*sigh*

Is getting a title in AAA more important to this organization?

Even when we win our offense looks terrible. I can't recall a more blatantly obvious opportunity to bring up a guy from the minors.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
*sigh*

Even when we win our offense looks terrible. I can't recall a more blatantly obvious opportunity to bring up a guy from the minors.

Um, Beckham in June 2009!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
I really think it's to the point where KW and Co. need to buck up and pull the rug out from Ozzie by just DFAing someone.

Eat the money.

Force Ozzie into playing the TANK as a starter.

Konerko it is. Dfa him tomorrow

If Pierre was designated for assignment, isn't there the possibility that he would still play Lillibridge instead?

Or with the Viciedo recall...Ozzie has acknowledged he has to play everyday, so there's no other option, right? Ozzie can be stubborn sometimes, but I don't think even he is that stubborn, especially with Lilly failing to execute in big situations the last two games. Granted, we won the 2nd game, but you never know with Santos these days, a 4 or 5 run lead simply feels a lot more secure than just 3.

Then again, if it's not a save situation (say, 4-0), you worry about Crain or Thornton, too. Especially Matt after Friday night's game. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Patience, grasshopper.

I'm generally a cup-half-full kinda dude, granted, but I think Pierre is playing himself out of action quickly. Teahen's HR yesterday makes the decision more obvious for Ozzie, hopefully. A semi-power lefty as a PH and occasional rest for Q/Paulie may have some usefulness yet.

A countdown aspect to this thread, not a new thread, might be appropriate. How many days is it now, exactly, till we effectively exclude an earlier year of FA for Tank?

Countdown to TANK...or perhaps nothing

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
If Pierre was designated for assignment, isn't there the possibility that he would still play Lillibridge instead?

Or with the Viciedo recall...Ozzie has acknowledged he has to play everyday, so there's no other option, right? Ozzie can be stubborn sometimes, but I don't think even he is that stubborn, especially with Lilly failing to execute in big situations the last two games. Granted, we won the 2nd game, but you never know with Santos these days, a 4 or 5 run lead simply feels a lot more secure than just 3.

Then again, if it's not a save situation (say, 4-0), you worry about Crain or Thornton, too. Especially Matt after Friday night's game. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Ozzie playing Lillibridge more is not a bad thing.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Patience, grasshopper.

I'm generally a cup-half-full kinda dude, granted, but I think Pierre is playing himself out of action quickly. Teahen's HR yesterday makes the decision more obvious for Ozzie, hopefully. A semi-power lefty as a PH and occasional rest for Q/Paulie may have some usefulness yet.

A countdown aspect to this thread, not a new thread, might be appropriate. How many days is it now, exactly, till we effectively exclude an earlier year of FA for Tank?

Countdown to TANK...or perhaps nothing

It should be game 82 or 83, past the halfway point of the season. At least, that's the way I understood it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
*sigh*

He had another RBI later on in the game, BTW.

Can someone explain to me if there is an incentive for us to keep Dayan in the minors a bit longer because it extends our arbitration time with him? I believe it's based on service time in the bigs but I am not exactly sure how that works. It's not a good reason for keeping him there of course but you always need to consider the business side of things....