WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
The raft is wearing #14...

5865887337_ec61995614_b.jpg

Are those 1890's-esque ladies undergarments that Pierre and Rios are wearing?

Good stuff, Stever!

EDIT: Oh wait, I just noticed those were Ozzie's arms.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Are those 1890's-esque ladies undergarments that Pierre and Rios are wearing?

Good stuff, Stever!

EDIT: Oh wait, I just noticed those were Ozzie's arms.

Clearly the original is Carl Skanberg. I just made the altered one where Juan and Oz are smooching.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Hahahahaha, I'm still laughing at this after 30 seconds.

I like how he kept it so that it still looks like Rios is having some mad diahhrea coming out behind him.

I think he's going to have to learn how to draw a slightly better representation of The Tank, but the rest is spot on.

Like the idea of Lillibridge diving off Viciedo's shoreline into the water for another game-saving catch, too.

Or Peavy's "lat" as the anchor.

Good stuff.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
Maybe Teahen earned a start over Pierre in Ozzie's eyes tonight, but I doubt it. I would platoon Lillibridge with Teahen in LF until Viciedo is called up next month.

More likely Teahen will be starting over Morel or, heaven forbid, at 2B for Beckham.

The please play Quentin tomorrow if he's available...Ozzie sits guys for an extra game, but theoretically that should only be when they're coming off injuries.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
Juan Pierre's OPS is now below .600. To be fair, Adam Dunn might join him there soon.

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I think Dunn is about to turn it around. He almost homered last night, and they showed him on second after his double on the board, there was a big sigh of relief from him. Maybe playing against his old teammates relaxes him a bit and he can move on from there.

Physically,I just don't think its normal to go that bad that quickly. Its happened, but its unusual. It has to be mental. I really don't think he's going to get to his usual numbers except for strikeouts, but I do think he'll be far more useful the rest of the season.

Edited by Dick Allen

Ozzie walked 239 times in his ENTIRE career, good for a .287 career OBP. Is it possible because Ozzie couldn't ever take a walk in the majors yet played 16 seasons, he severely underrates OBP as a statistic? Or maybe just doesn't care about it at all?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
Ozzie walked 239 times in his ENTIRE career, good for a .287 career OBP. Is it possible because Ozzie couldn't ever take a walk in the majors yet played 16 seasons, he severely underrates OBP as a statistic? Or maybe just doesn't care about it at all?

In theory he should love the Brent Lillibridge-type player, a guy who can barrel-up any fastball and impact the game. But he doesn't really play him much either so I don't know what he likes anymore.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
In theory he should love the Brent Lillibridge-type player, a guy who can barrel-up any fastball and impact the game. But he doesn't really play him much either so I don't know what he likes anymore.

I disagree on him barreling up any fastball. He couldn't make contact last night when all he had to do was hit the damn ball and we win the game late.

He struck out with that big bat of his and his loopy swing.

I like Lilly. I do. But he had a chance to win the game last nite and failed.

It would have been a nice comeback win to steal, games we need to win if we have any hope of bettering the .500 mark this season. I know some of you magically think we're going to start winning at a .700 clip and run away with the division, but I want to see it on the field.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
I disagree on him barreling up any fastball. He couldn't make contact last night when all he had to do was hit the damn ball and we win the game late.

He struck out with that big bat of his and his loopy swing.

I like Lilly. I do. But he had a chance to win the game last nite and failed.

It would have been a nice comeback win to steal, games we need to win if we have any hope of bettering the .500 mark this season. I know some of you magically think we're going to start winning at a .700 clip and run away with the division, but I want to see it on the field.

Sometimes when ballplayers try to do something they fail. /shrug

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)

We're also talking about the guy who kept trying Swisher in the leadoff spot over and over in 2008.