WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
That's the thing that teams never seem to think about. A few years ago the Brewers did the same trick with a kid named Ryan Braun, held him out through the Super 2 deadline, first game was on May 25. Kid comes up and puts up an OPS over 1.000. The Brewers lost the NL Central that year by 2 games. Now of course, you can add all the caveats you want and there's no guarantee you'd have won 3 more games if you had Braun for another 7 weeks...but that's a very close run thing to buy yourself another year before FA.

Look at the Giants last year. They waited to call up Posey and they barely beat out the Padres. That almost cost them as well.

With Ryan Braun, didn't they buy out his free agents years immediately? They also just signed him to another huge extension. How much money did they actually save?

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
I don't even know what that means. My manager is not ready for? That is so nebulous. Just keep throwing Ozzie under the bus KW.

Yeah this whole organization needs to clean house at the management level. Total ineptitude.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
More KW quotes:

"(Viciedo) is playing his (butt) off offensively and defensively. But I'm not going to put a player on this team that my manager is not ready for. I respect him too much to do that.

This whole cat and mouse game is ridiculous. KW says that he will call Dayan up when Ozzie tells him to. Ozzie says that as long JP is on my roster, I have to play him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
This whole cat and mouse game is ridiculous. KW says that he will call Dayan up when Ozzie tells him to. Ozzie says that as long JP is on my roster, I have to play him.

Who the f*** is running the show?!?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Well because of the McCourts it isn't just $2 million anymore, it is now $5.5 million.

Nope, MLB is assuring that all the creditors (including one Vin Scully for $150,000 almost) will be paid first.....we're not going to be the ones on the hook for that extra money, no way will Selig let them default on those contract obligations.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Nope, MLB is assuring that all the creditors (including one Vin Scully for $150,000 almost) will be paid first.....we're not going to be the ones on the hook for that extra money, no way will Selig let them default on those contract obligations.

MLB can't assure anyone of anything right now. It is in bankruptcy court, not Bud Selig's office.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
Who the f*** is running the show?!?

They are quarreling way too f***ing much. At the very least, one of them has to go. It is not healthy to have both boobs on the team, creating tension within the organization everyday because how much they hate each other.

And I have no doubt about that. These two men do not like each other anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
MLB can't assure anyone of anything right now. It is in bankruptcy court, not Bud Selig's office.

The fact that the Dodgers owe Manny is hilarious backward. If anything, I think it should be Manny owing the Dodgers money. In fact, Manny should be forced to settle all of the Dodgers debts with how much money they gave that goofball and how little an ROI was made.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Maybe Ozzie is still spooked by Brian Anderson, Josh Fields, Chris Getz and now currently Gordon Beckham and Brent Morel? That type of failure can have long-term psychological effects.

And Alexei Ramirez.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)

The league assured players and their agents Monday that salaries would be paid, said two people familiar with the discussions but not authorized to discuss them.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/27/3731723/i...l#ixzz1QZxsj0Z0

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
He went straight to The Show, though. No opportunity for our minor league coaching staff to sabotage his career.

So did Carlos Quentin. Though I find that ironic since Greg Walker is the hitting coach.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
This is maddening. KW needs to put his big boy pants on and release Pierre. If he can't do that, resign.

I agree, but I don't think he has enough class and his ego is much too big to just resign. He's going to fight it out (just as Ozzie does/would) until one or both of them is fired.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
The league assured players and their agents Monday that salaries would be paid, said two people familiar with the discussions but not authorized to discuss them.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/27/3731723/i...l#ixzz1QZxsj0Z0

The players will get paid, but that doesn't mean the White Sox will. That is different. The Sox are a creditor, not an employee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
I actually read it as the exact opposite.

It seemed to be both, actually. The second paragraph looked to be throwing Ozzie under the bus, while the third paragraph said it was a team decision. Going by many of his recent quotes, I'm thinking that KW meant what he said in the second one and threw the third one in there as a way of coming off diplomatic.