Lesbian couple scolded at Target Field

Real

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think like 94% of my high school girls basketball team and the coach wound up being lesbians. None of them were hot and the coach looked like that woman from glee. True story.

That aside, I gained a different perspective on these things after one of my best friends came out a few years ago. At first I was just disgusted that I was such an ass towards those people before. Now I'm just kind of sad that it took a close friend coming out for me to gain that perspective.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
I think like 94% of my high school girls basketball team and the coach wound up being lesbians. None of them were hot and the coach looked like that woman from glee. True story.

That aside, I gained a different perspective on these things after one of my best friends came out a few years ago. At first I was just disgusted that I was such an ass towards those people before. Now I'm just kind of sad that it took a close friend coming out for me to gain that perspective.

You had a 50 person high school girls basketball team?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
You had a 50 person high school girls basketball team?

WTG Mr Literal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
They obviously broke the one rule.... Lesbians are only cool if they are hot.

I wonder if this would even be a story if it was two gay guys.

I've got no problem with gay people. Live and let live, right? I'm all for it.

That being said, gay people are every bit as capable of intolerance as anybody else. I read something around Easter of this year where gay people in San Francisco held a public celebration called "Hunk Jesus" deliberately mocking Christianity. I've got no problem with jokes, and I'm not easily offended, but this double standard that somehow this is acceptable while even the slightest criticism of gay culture is homophobia is ridiculous.

Gay people wonder why some people ridicule their culture. Certainly, religious fundamentalism has something to do with it, but at the same time, have you ever seen gay pride parades? Some of it's just outright disgusting. I'd have an issue if it were straight people behaving like that in front of my children, or hell, even myself. Nobody wants to see that, and I don't blame Carl Paladino for saying he wouldn't want his children exposed to that "culture". I don't think anyone wants to see that kind of crap.

And then there's gay marriage. What some people don't understand is that you have to respect everyone's rights. If there's a church out there that insists gays are sinners and refuses to marry them, the government can't just barge in there and force it. Gays are welcome to marry if they can find a church that will sanction it. But they can't simply force everyone to cater to their whims and accept their lifestyle.

So, in short, gays need to practice the very same tolerance that they expect to be given to them.

personally i think there would be a stronger reaction to two men kissing in public than there was to these two women.

citing religion as a reason to tell them to stop was truly a horrible decision by this guard

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
personally i think there would be a stronger reaction to two men kissing in public than there was to these two women.

citing religion as a reason to tell them to stop was truly a horrible decision by this guard

Oh come on, when in doubt, cite religion.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Oh come on, when in doubt, cite religion.

lol, i know. the way people use it to further agendas and hide from reality is one of the main reasons my relationship with god is in my heart and not in a church. it is just sickening to me

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
Jesus said unto his disciples "Go unto the world and tell all that homosexuality is a sin and God is ashamed of what you do and who you are."

lol, I bet I could convince someone that's actually in the Bible

s***, it wouldn't strike me as all that odd, considering some of the s*** that's in the Bible...

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
I believe in second chances. The guy clearly made a mistake, was reprimanded, and will probably never make the same mistake again.

Q: Do you honestly think there's zero chance that he's decided that the Homosexual Agenda is now out to get him? He won't do that in this job again because he doesn't want to lose it, but there's other plausible outcomes too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
Only 20 states and DC actually outlaw discriminating against homosexuals. Minnesota is one of those 20 states, but that should tell you about how homosexual rights sit in this country.

That's 19 more places than in the entire middle east.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
That's 19 more places than in the entire middle east.

What is this even supposed to mean? It's not a bad thing that 60% of the U.S. allows legalized discrimination against Homosexuals because 100% of other groups of countries do?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I believe in second chances. The guy clearly made a mistake, was reprimanded, and will probably never make the same mistake again.

So while he is clearly not qualified to be a security guard at a ball park, he is qualified to be President of the USA>

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
What is this even supposed to mean? It's not a bad thing that 60% of the U.S. allows legalized discrimination against Homosexuals because 100% of other groups of countries do?

Indeed.

We can always just say "At least we're not Nigeria!"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
So while he is clearly not qualified to be a security guard at a ball park, he is qualified to be President of the USA>

I'm really not certain what the GOP qualifications are, but I will take your word for it. :usa

I kid because I care™