2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Not everyone is a complete douchebag in their early 20's as Kane appears to be.

Not everyone goes out and parties, but ALOT do. Walk down Lincoln ave on a saturday night.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that Kane article, Im pretty sure last weekend was Mifflin Street party as well, so basically Madison is out of control.

My guess is that there is more to this story as I have been to the KK (and thrown out) and quite frankly its a s*** show always. Im pretty sure my friend got tossed for just buying beers and pouring them on the floor because that is how drunk we were. They also took a fake from me.

The oddest comment was that he was dating some Junior at Madison?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
I tend to steer clear of bro-heavy areas

Walk down milwaukee, southport, wells, division. Not sure what Bro-Heavy means but there are alot of people out having a good time, I dont fault a celebrity for doing the same especially one that trains alot of the year and just got his summer vacation.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Just read that Kane article, Im pretty sure last weekend was Mifflin Street party as well, so basically Madison is out of control.

\

Yes it was, and I am guessing he wasnt nearly one of the worst ones there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Yes, another older family man who probably doesnt remember his 20's. Good perspective

Wait he attended Lewis university, so he probably didnt have much fun in his 20's.

I'd imagine most people remember more about their 20's than Kane does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
I'd imagine most people remember more about their 20's than Kane does.

Yeah right. Most people in their 20's arent high level athletes that travel most of the year while staying in peak physical condition. The guy goes to about as many parties as I can count on one hand and he's out of control. Yeah right. Still waiting on those anonymous people to post their videos.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
Not everyone goes out and parties, but ALOT do. Walk down Lincoln ave on a saturday night.

and how many of them make $6M/yr and are the face of a major sports franchise. Having fun and partying is fine being a douche while doing it, not so much. Go to the club and hang out with adults and learn to handle your alcohol. That is all anyone is asking.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
and how many of them make $6M/yr and are the face of a major sports franchise. Having fun and partying is fine being a douche while doing it, not so much. Go to the club and hang out with adults and learn to handle your alcohol. That is all anyone is asking.

Sorry, I cant fault a 23 year old from going to a street fest with his friends, especially in Madison. All we have is anonymous stories from equally wasted college kids claiming he acted a certain way while in the pictures he's acting the same as every other kid there. Sometimes these guys just want to be a normal person once in awhile, I personally dont find fault with that.

If I were Rocky Wirtz, I could see myself being a little perturbed.

But I'm not. I'm just a fan and season ticket holder who just wants to see hockey being played at the UC during the month of May. As long as Kaner isn't ruining the team's chances of that, he can do whatever the f*** he wants and enjoy being young, rich, & single. Plus, I find it awfully entertaining.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
Yeah right. Most people in their 20's arent high level athletes that travel most of the year while staying in peak physical condition. The guy goes to about as many parties as I can count on one hand and he's out of control. Yeah right. Still waiting on those anonymous people to post their videos.

If he doesn't go to many parties and still ends up in the news for being so stupid this often, he really does suck at drinking.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
Sorry, I cant fault a 23 year old from going to a street fest with his friends, especially in Madison. All we have is anonymous stories from equally wasted college kids claiming he acted a certain way while in the pictures he's acting the same as every other kid there. Sometimes these guys just want to be a normal person once in awhile, I personally dont find fault with that.

Its not like has been arrested for his drunken escapades before or anything...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
If he doesn't go to many parties and still ends up in the news for being so stupid this often, he really does suck at drinking.

For sure. He is small by hockey standards, but at 180 pounds, he still shouldn't be a lightweight.

It should be noted Kane was not arrested. In comparison, Montee Ball was arrested that weekend. Mifflin Street party is just insane, on Wisconsin sites they are questioning why Bielema even lets football players go out that weekend. Kane just went to a bad situation for a young millionaire.

I mean I cant even comprehend that a millionaire athlete would have been at Mifflin/Madison when I was in college. That would have just been a lightning rod for trouble.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
It should be noted Kane was not arrested. In comparison, Montee Ball was arrested that weekend. Mifflin Street party is just insane, on Wisconsin sites they are questioning why Bielema even lets football players go out that weekend. Kane just went to a bad situation for a young millionaire.

I mean I cant even comprehend that a millionaire athlete would have been at Mifflin/Madison when I was in college. That would have just been a lightning rod for trouble.

Ball was pretty much arrested for being black wasnt he?

There are different reports about Ball.

Basically "Mifflin Block Party" is the end of the year party on Mifflin Street. Its during the day, which is always a recipe for disaster, and basically the whole block is a drunken keg party. (Kegs on balconies with funnels down to the street, etc.) Allegedly the police are trying to increase security and kind of control it, so this year they were be much more aggressive with trespassing etc.

The story goes that Ball was on a patio and refused to leave. On a message board a person alleged they were there, and that Ball tried to break the door down. When the police came he still refused to leave the patio even though the owner didnt want him there.

There is another story that the police basically went after the football players who werent doing anything.

I have no idea, I cant imagine a Wisconsin student not wanting Ball at their party, but it could be a similar thing to Kane, he was getting all the girls, drunk guys dont like that, fight starts. From what Ive read, outside of choking a girl, Kane didnt do anything that is really crazy. He went to KK, got super drunk and thrown out. Thats not a story, thats just the KK.

Its a really crappy bar, only went there maybe 3 times.

http://www.terezowens.com/patrick-kane-pas...-cinco-de-mayo/

Thats Kane drunk at the bar, as you can see its not really classy.

I like the comment from the guy who took the pictures:

”You gotta respect a guy who goes balls out for a party."-TO

And I assume this is how Kaner even found out about KK/Madison:

http://www.hhof.com/htmlstcjournal/exSCJ10_28.shtml

Burish was a well known regular at KK back when he was a student.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 10, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
JoeCoolMan is loving it, it's model behavior for an NHL player, nothing to see here.

Nah, Kaner should have been at a library, studying or something. What in the world is a 23-year-old doing at a party where alcohol is being served? I'm appalled by his age-expected behavior.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 14, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Nah, Kaner should have been at a library, studying or something. What in the world is a 23-year-old doing at a party where alcohol is being served? I'm appalled by his age-expected behavior.

Haha, still defending him. You're sure something.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:09 AM)
Not everyone can be a 50 year old trapped in a 20-something-year-old body.

There's something different between getting black out drunk and getting black out drunk and choking a woman and harassing police officers. 23 =/= 21 - there's a time when responsibility matters.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 14, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)

Totally. He's rich, famous, and 23. He should be in the Phillipines circumcising little boys with Tim Tebow. How dare he go to a party during the offseason? And there's no more trustworthy source than anonymous e-mails to Deadspin from drunken college kids, let's take it all in as facts.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2012 -> 07:17 AM)
There's something different between getting black out drunk and getting black out drunk and choking a woman and harassing police officers. 23 =/= 21 - there's a time when responsibility matters.

And soon enough it will cost him.