If Dayan Viciedo is called up before August

Real

How do you think Viciedo makes the team?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Select one of the following

• Sox release/trade Juan Pierre
    • Sox release/trade Mark Teahen
    • Sox trade a starting pitcher
    • Combination of the above (please specify below)
    • He doesnt, he'll finish the year in AAA or will be traded

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)
Traded to the mets for Carlos Beltran. It's just dumb enough to fit our management.

lol, I know what you mean, but if he gets traded I think he'd bring in a pretty good player

actually the way the sox would screw up trading Dayan would be to package him with Teahen's s***ty contract devaluing the return ;(

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
Probably when we're 10+ games out again. Which will definitely happen soon if this team doesn't start hitting. You can't survive in the NL, let alone the AL, with so many Skippy Handleman clones in your lineup.

The fear is that we will use Viciedo to go out and get a new younger slappy leadoff guy. Look at our recent drafts. Lots of speed guys being selected with the high picks.

Sox trade/release Pierre.

I know the joke is that Pierre is on this team for life and blah blah blah, but you have to think AT SOME POINT Kenny is just going to say "The f*** with it" and trade Pierre for either cash, or some low-a fodder. Hell, even if he has to release him. You have got to think it's coming. Because I don't see any other scenario other than Rios getting traded, and I think that's a lot less likely.

Honestly, and this includes me, I think too much is being made of Viciedo not being up yet. Yes, he should definitely be here. That's a no-brainer. But he's not going to save this offense. Rios, Dunn, AJ, Beckham and Morel are not going to start hitting because Dayan is in the lineup. I don't think Pujols can save this lineup right now. Even the most pessimistic poster could not have predicted that on June 18th we'd have this many Rafael Belliard (the worst hitter I've ever seen) wannabees. Greg Walker needs to come out and have a press conference and explain this s***. They owe us that much. Rios? Are you serious? He is TERRIBLE. Beckham? WTF happened to this guy? Morel? Where's all this gap power he was supposed to have?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
The fear is that we will use Viciedo to go out and get a new younger slappy leadoff guy. Look at our recent drafts. Lots of speed guys being selected with the high picks.

Young slappy leadoff guys can be OK. 2003 Juan Pierre was a good baseball player. It sucks when the guy is old, bad, slow, and can't catch. And I'm not endorsing trading Viceido, just saying that the right leadoff guy can be helpful, just not the one the Sox currently have.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
Young slappy leadoff guys can be OK. 2003 Juan Pierre was a good baseball player. It sucks when the guy is old, bad, slow, and can't catch. And I'm not endorsing trading Viceido, just saying that the right leadoff guy can be helpful, just not the one the Sox currently have.

We play in the American League. I don't want track stars that generate outs and look busy and don't produce s***. We need young hitters who can hit XBHs and drive in runs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
We play in the American League. I don't want track stars that generate outs and look busy and don't produce s***. We need young hitters who can hit XBHs and drive in runs.

I was trying to prove my point with Jacoby Ellsbury, then I realized he f***ing has 8 HRs already. I still don't mind leadoff hitters that may not have the power swing, as long as they actually get on base and steal bases efficiently.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
I was trying to prove my point with Jacoby Ellsbury, then I realized he f***ing has 8 HRs already. I still don't mind leadoff hitters that may not have the power swing, as long as they actually get on base and steal bases efficiently.

AKA Scott Podsednik the first four months of '05. But you're MUCH better off with prime Johnny Damon clones than the Podsednik's and Pierre's of the world even at their 'best.'

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
AKA Scott Podsednik the first four months of '05. But you're MUCH better off with prime Johnny Damon clones than the Podsednik's and Pierre's of the world even at their 'best.'

I hear ya on that and would prefer the Damon type player. I just don't think you can write off a Pods/Pierre type player when they are at their best, cause they do contribute. The problem is, their years of contribution don't last very long, so you need to be able to realize that and switch gears quickly.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)

Which is why I was pushing for a Gavin Floyd/Brett Gardener swap so much. Hit .273 with a .383 OBP, and stole 47 bases in 56 attempts.

OK, enough already, bring up Viciedo. Beckham could lead off, or Alexei, or Rios. This is getting ridiculous, they pay the guy millions of dollars, and he does exactly what they ask of him. Bring him up to the big show and inject some life into this team. What's the worst thing that can happen? If it's all in, for god's sake, bring this guy up. Do it right now!! So frustrating.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:30 AM)
There it is, yet again. It's entirely up to Williams to remove Pierre and his influence from the team. Guillen will NEVER get it.

What the hell is he supposed to say? Pierre is absolutely terrible and is killing this team? We all know he needs to go, but Ozzie cant just bash everyone who isn't doing good on the team.. he cant bench Pierre, Rios, Beckham, Morel, Dunn.. Who the hell else can take over all those spots?

The longer Juan Pierre is on the team and starting, the more blame KW deserves.. if he is with Ozzie that Pierre needs to stick at the leadoff spot till he MAYBE starts getting it going then hes an idiot.. if he is keeping him here because he doesn't want to upset Ozzie even though its HIS JOB to manage the roster then hes an idiot.. anyway you look at it, its KW that's facilitating this mess and hes really the only person who can put a stop it it..

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
OK, enough already, bring up Viciedo. Beckham could lead off, or Alexei, or Rios. This is getting ridiculous, they pay the guy millions of dollars, and he does exactly what they ask of him. Bring him up to the big show and inject some life into this team. What's the worst thing that can happen? If it's all in, for god's sake, bring this guy up. Do it right now!! So frustrating.

Problem is Beckham and Rios are just as bad as JP. I don't want to see either getting the most PAs. Alexei is probably the best option to leadoff at this point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:22 AM)
Problem is Beckham and Rios are just as bad as JP. I don't want to see either getting the most PAs. Alexei is probably the best option to leadoff at this point.

Fantastic. Make it Alexei, bottom line, bring him up.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:00 AM)
Fantastic. Make it Alexei, bottom line, bring him up.

I'd like to see this:

Alexei

Lillibridge (whether he plays CF or 2B)

CQ

PK

Dunn

Rios

AJ

Morel

Beckham

Like I said, Lillibridge should hit second for the time being and rotate between CF and 2B. I think he could handle that. This certainly isn't a perfect scenario. But honestly, is there one with this lineup? So many guys are producing at a below replacement level offensively that even the most advanced baseball mind couldn't come up with an ideal lineup.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
I'd like to see this:

Alexei

Lillibridge (whether he plays CF or 2B)

CQ

PK

Dunn

Rios

AJ

Morel

Beckham

Like I said, Lillibridge should hit second for the time being and rotate between CF and 2B. I think he could handle that. This certainly isn't a perfect scenario. But honestly, is there one with this lineup? So many guys are producing at a below replacement level offensively that even the most advanced baseball mind couldn't come up with an ideal lineup.

I like it, but here's what i want:

Lillibridge LF

Ramirez SS

Paulie 1B

Dunn DH

CQ RF

Viciedo 3B (at this point I don't care if he's a butcher at 3B)

Rios CF

AJ C

Beckham 2B

Edited by hawkubes

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
I like it, but here's what i want:

Lillibridge LF

Ramirez SS

Paulie 1B

Dunn DH

CQ RF

Viciedo 3B (at this point I don't care if he's a butcher at 3B)

Rios CF

AJ C

Beckham 2B

This is our winning lineup this year in my opinion but with Lillibridge at 3B and Dayan in the outfield. I know, I know, I know Lillipad hasn't ever played 3B, but then again, he rarely played the outfield before this year as well and look at what he's done. I'm sure he's capable of being decent over there.

Of course it will never happen.

I'm so sick of this team, this organization, this manager, this GM, they are a joke. f*** you Ozzie and your love for one of the worst players in the game. Sure, we need to play Rios and Dunn because of the contracts and their talent level but it is so CLEAR that JP is done, it's sickening.

And yet you heard him tonight. We will only get more.

Mark Kotsay anyone?