AJ vs. Peavy thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
No it's not. We still have the problem of a p**** pitcher who can't go 6 innings without worrying about muscles falling off his bones, or groins, or whatever, and god forbid - he might have a fit when his catcher calls him out on it when he sucks ass after 5 innings.

What's been solved?

F.

J.

P.

So are you for or against the 6 man rotation in the 2nd half?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Apparently no one in this thread has ever gotten into an argument with a close friend.

Do you even know what "Showing up" means?

Getting into an arguement with a close friend, and then your friend belittling you on facebook about said arguement for the world to see. That's the equivalent of what AJ did

I love all the "AJ is a gamer!!! HE ONLY WINS!!!!!"

When was the last time he threw out a f***ing runner, why doesn't he worry about his own game, and let the manager handle the managerial duties.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
No it's not. We still have the problem of a p**** pitcher who can't go 6 innings without worrying about muscles falling off his bones, or groins, or whatever, and god forbid - he might have a fit when his catcher calls him out on it when he sucks ass after 5 innings.

What's been solved?

F.

J.

P.

No, a p**** is what AJ did after Barrett punched him in his fat face: Hide behind Scotty Pods.

He's a little b****, and you and everyone in the MLB knows it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
This Website is so dysfunctional.

The team is asleep all season. AJP wakes it up and many turn on AJ.

WTF?

I'd describe this team as passionless this season.

AJP woke it up! That is awesome.

How the f*** do you know if he woke it up? How many games have we played/won since this incident? He showed up his pitcher, period. REFUTE THAT, for christs sake, instead of bringing up other irrelevant s*** that has no basis on the topic of this thread, which is AJ showing up his pitcher. It's this kind of s*** that he's been known to do on just about every team he's been on

"By letting Ozzie and Coop know"

LOL

He's the f***ing catcher. We saw it, people are talking about it.

What are you LOL'ing about?

Coop and Ozzie knowing is EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Do you have any kind of point/thoughts we can talk about? (LOL doesn't count)

Both AJ and Jake are okay. AJ probably shouldn't have been so animated; he should have used discretion. Still, trying to get Peavy pulled, regardless of if he had an impact on the decision, was the right thing to do in order to win the game. AJ was probably afraid that the game would be given away, as he was wondering when they'd pull him. I would have pulled him at least one batter before they did.

Peavy is obviously right if he thinks AJ shouldn't "show him up".

All in all, its no big deal.

Edited by MAX

How the f*** do you know if he woke it up? How many games have we played/won since this incident? He showed up his pitcher, period. REFUTE THAT, for christs sake, instead of bringing up other irrelevant s*** that has no basis on the topic of this thread, which is AJ showing up his pitcher. It's this kind of s*** that he's been known to do on just about every team he's been on

He showed up Peavy - the f***ing pansy, making $16M while he's done s*** to help this team and AJ (helped them get a title), took a lesser contract to stay the 11th hour (got offered more from LA).

If it's "this kind of s*** that he's been known to do...blah blah blah" - shut up, gas bag....., You can SIGN ME UP FOR MORE TOO.

What the f*** investment do you have in Jake goddamn Peavy anyway? He's a f***ing disaster of a trade.

Nobody would even argue that.........He brings special "never happened" injuries and recoveries.....

You can cut my leg off for $16M and yet he gets that a year to not play 1/2 the time and suck when does.

But no - "Don't no catcher call him out of line...." ~ Real

Ridiculous.

"Real"diculous

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
It's amazing how many people are using their hate of Peavy/contract to defend AJ's actions.

It doesn't matter who the pitcher or catcher was in the situation. It's irrelevant.

Let me spin this around another way for people who are using this as a bash Peavy thing. How about the next time AJ misses throwing out a runner by 10 feet if Jake points into the dugout? Or the next time a pitcher walks the bases loaded in front of AJ with no one out, and AJ swings at the first pitch and pops out weekly to second, is it then OK for the runner on third to point into the dugout for a guy who can hit?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
I just got back from the game. Phew

I can hoenstly see why people want to take sides in an argument, but honestly I am just glad they handled it like men and are keeping it in the clubhouse. No bulls*** Cubs fights, anger mgmt etc.

Yeah, I guess as much as AJ tried to pull a Zambrano by showing up his teammate in front of everyone, at least Jake drug him back to the clubhouse to make his point.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
He showed up Peavy - the f***ing pansy, making $16M while he's done s*** to help this team and AJ (helped them get a title), took a lesser contract to stay the 11th hour (got offered more from LA).

If it's "this kind of s*** that he's been known to do...blah blah blah" - shut up, gas bag....., You can SIGN ME UP FOR MORE TOO.

What the f*** investment do you have in Jake goddamn Peavy anyway? He's a f***ing disaster of a trade.

Nobody would even argue that.........He brings special "never happened" injuries and recoveries.....

You can cut my leg off for $16M and yet he gets that a year to not play 1/2 the time and suck when does.

But no - "Don't no catcher call him out of line...." ~ Real

Ridiculous.

"Real"diculous

Seriously this argument is terrible. I've seen it a couple of other times in this thread. If you don't have anything better than the "are you related to him" type posts, just go away.

Wow, this thread has been quite entertaining reading this morning. The jumping to conclusions, exaggerations and hyperbole, ridiculous statements, irrational opinions due to player bias, making a bigger deal out of nothing etc...

This thread should be saved for whenever anyone asks what this site is like. Soxtalk in a nutshell right here.

In all seriousness though, it really appears a non-issue. Both players said so afterwards and we won the game. There was no public blow-up or fight and it was just two competitive players in the heat of the moment. Peavy should not have been as animated while on the field and in view of everyone and AJ should never have made that gesture, right or wrong being irrelevant. I'll never question either player's desire to win and they're among the few on this team I can say that about. If anything, I'm kind of glad they do care as much as they do. Wouldn't the opposite be much, much worse?

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

Man talk about a thread that makes you wanna put your face through a wall.

Good comparison 2k5. Seriously if Peavy or any pitcher showed disgust everytime AJ threw a God awful throw to second 1. That would be horses*** and people would be livid and 2. It would get f***in old from happening so often.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
Wow, this thread has been quite entertaining reading this morning. The jumping to conclusions, exaggerations and hyperbole, ridiculous statements, irrational opinions due to player bias, making a bigger deal out of nothing etc...

This thread should be saved for whenever anyone asks what this site is like. Soxtalk in a nutshell right here.

In all seriousness though, it really appears a non-issue. Both players said so afterwards and we won the game. There was no public blow-up or fight and it was just two competitive players in the heat of the moment. Peavy should not have been as animated while on the field and in view of everyone and AJ should never have made that gesture, right or wrong being irrelevant. I'll never question either player's desire to win and they're among the few on this team I can say that about. If anything, I'm kind of glad they do care as much as they do. Wouldn't the opposite be much, much worse?

IMO...this is only a non-issue because the team won the game. If the game had been blown after Peavy left, then both of them would be a lot angrier at each other. And in that case...no, I don't think the opposite would be much worse.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:08 AM)
IMO...this is only a non-issue because the team won the game. If the game had been blown after Peavy left, then both of them would be a lot angrier at each other. And in that case...no, I don't think the opposite would be much worse.

I agree it would have been a much bigger deal if they had lost. Besides, this conversation is a least new. I really didn't want another day of what a sucky suck that [insert sucky player here] is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)

I meant the opposite as in them not caring.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:41 AM)
Seriously this argument is terrible. I've seen it a couple of other times in this thread. If you don't have anything better than the "are you related to him" type posts, just go away.

:notworthy