Gamethread: 6/26/2011, 1:10 p.m.; Nationals @ White Sox

maggsmaggs

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
I'd feel bad for him if he were a Ranger. Or A Mariner. Or a Rockie.

Millions of dollars to play a GAME feel sorry for people who really need it like kids who go to bed hungry not millionaire ball players.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Rios is just as bad as dunn

one K's and walks the other K's and pops out on the infield

No way. Rios is hitting 50 points better than Dunn, and is playing great defense. He's also made adjustments to his swing (unlike Gordon), and at least projects to put together a replacement-level season if he continues to shake off his May.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
He's laughably bad.

Day after day and no change in the results.

He could have blown this game wide open had he hit a bomb. Instead more of the same, Sox stranding runners.

Doesn't it seem like we have an inordinate amount of close games?

Just go to any website and look at this year........we have virtually no blow outs. We win a lot of close games and lose a bunch of close games.

Konerko has sat back and taken Hernandez to left...he has turned into an amazing hitter

I wish the rest of that lineup would do the same

Dunn oughta stand closer to the plate and just try to drive the ball to left for one at bat. It couldn't make make him look any more foolish than he looks now.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Rios is just as bad as dunn

one K's and walks the other K's and pops out on the infield

Rios has been hitting it hard by and large the past week or so. Heck, even more than that. His slugging percentage, ops, and average have been on the rise the past couple of weeks. He's also coming off a 3 hit game.

I realize its sexy to hate on Rios, but unlike Dunn, he's actually coming around and also plays some good defense.

It's obvious home games are taking a huge toll on Dunn's mind.

He's hitting .131 at home. He's actually hitting .217 on the road with a .370 OBP and a .342 wOBA.

The pressure's getting to him. If you want him to hit, you don't boo him. For once, I'll have to go with the company line.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Just go to any website and look at this year........we have virtually no blow outs. We win a lot of close games and lose a bunch of close games.

And considering that the Sox are right in the middle of the pack in runs scored, that means the majority of MLB is having a lot of close games.

That's what has happened now that you've gotten rid of (most of) the drugs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Yeah, that's pretty much hyperbole defined.

Good luck. With a player who offers NO defensive value, I challenge you to find 10-15 players worse. To this point, anyway. And even if you somehow could, who cares. This has gone WAYYYYYYYY beyond a slump or a physical ailment or a switch of leagues, this dude, in 2011, is not a legitimate baseball player.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Maybe this will be the game that finally gets this concept through Ozzie's thick head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Yeah, that's pretty much hyperbole defined.

Dunn 8th, sounds good to me. Juan ninth. Becks seventh.

Balta are you serious or joking? He's got to be right on that. Dunn's stats have to be some of the worst in 20 years or more unless baseball is full of whiffers. That's no hyperbole. Maybe you were kidding.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
It's obvious home games are taking a huge toll on Dunn's mind.

He's hitting .131 at home. He's actually hitting .217 on the road with a .370 OBP and a .342 wOBA.

The pressure's getting to him. If you want him to hit, you don't boo him. For once, I'll have to go with the company line.

Both are incredibly unacceptable to me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Omar and Lillibridge split time at 2nd. Viciedo gives you some more outfield depth as well.

Having Lillibridge and Omar being your 2b actually gives you less OF depth because your backup CF becomes either Viciedo or Pierre.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
Rios has been hitting it hard by and large the past week or so. Heck, even more than that. His slugging percentage, ops, and average have been on the rise the past couple of weeks. He's also coming off a 3 hit game.

I realize its sexy to hate on Rios, but unlike Dunn, he's actually coming around and also plays some good defense.

To add to that, we also have no one that can take his spot.