White Sox vs Cubs First Pitch 1:20 CT

Kyyle23

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
WTF? I just realized Teahen was playing. Morel was 2-4 Friday, 1-3 (w/ a BB) yesterday. And has played stellar D, per usual.

It's another Sunday lineup. It would be nice if Teahen hit today since his defense isn't close to Morel.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
What positions can Viciedo play competently? Third and left? Anyone think it's a bad idea to bring him up and have him DH?

He would play RF and DH. When in RF, Q would shift to LF. But I would love for him to just DH for two weeks while Dunn drinks Kaluha on his farm.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
It's another Sunday lineup. It would be nice if Teahen hit today since his defense isn't close to Morel.

And I actually like Teahen, but whenever Morel plays well, he gets benched. Then loses momentum and struggles again.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
WTF? I just realized Teahen was playing. Morel was 2-4 Friday, 1-3 (w/ a BB) yesterday. And has played stellar D, per usual.

Ozzie is a sucker for lefty righty match ups. Hes a dumbs***, do you expect different?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
He would play RF and DH. When in RF, Q would shift to LF. But I would love for him to just DH for two weeks while Dunn drinks Kaluha on his farm.

That's really a good idea. Phantom DL for Dunn and give Viciedo the at bats for two weeks and see what happens.

Let Dunn have a minor league rehab stint after he comes back. A full 3 weeks off. Is that allowed?

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
What positions can Viciedo play competently? Third and left? Anyone think it's a bad idea to bring him up and have him DH?

It would make more sense to DH Pierre and let Viciedo play in the OF. Improves the OF defense and prevents teams from taking an automatic extra base on hits to LF.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
Ozzie is a sucker for lefty righty match ups. Hes a dumbs***, do you expect different?

It would be nice to see the stiffs he rewards with Sunday lineup playing time could actually come through. I don't think he deserves to be called a dumbs*** though.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
It would make more sense to DH Pierre and let Viciedo play in the OF. Improves the OF defense and prevents teams from taking an automatic extra base on hits to LF.

I want to see Dayan out there before I agree he improves the defense.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
Dunn is now 2 for his last 30 with 19 strikeouts.

It's time to do SOMETHING. Bench him, make up an injury, anything.

Apparently moving him back into the 3 hole doesn't seem to be much of a spark. Go figure.

CQ has the pressure on him to have a good week before the AS game.

If he went 0-for-25 or so, his batting average would be about .220, not all star numbers.

If he went 12-25 he'd be looking good.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)

I don't follow prospects at all, but I thought Viciedo's big liability was defense...was I incorrect?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
CQ has the pressure on him to have a good week before the AS game.

If he went 0-for-25 or so, his batting average would be about .220, not all star numbers.

If he went 12-25 he'd be looking good.

I'd say he has absolutely no pressure, as they can't really take it away from him.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
I don't follow prospects at all, but I thought Viciedo's big liability was defense...was I incorrect?

As a 3rd baseman it was. But in the outfield, his range is average, but his arm is plus. Apparently, making big strides in the D department.

Next 19 games against teams in this lousy division.

It's up to the Sox, really. Either stay pathetic against the division or make some noise.

This offense is abysmal still, showing no signs of life.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)

He'd have our best OF arm.

And he could PROBABLY hit off of RODRIGO f***ING LOPEZ.