Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another example of a guy who is about to get sent down, or outright released pitching a workman like gem around our inability to hit and our stupidity on the basepaths. We are efficient at one thing, generating outs quickly and quietly.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Sigh. Props to Pierre for hitting the ball hard again at least.

I think he hit that ball off the end of the bat. I'm not sure it would've made it out of the infield from where they were playing.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
I think he hit that ball off the end of the bat. I'm not sure it would've made it out of the infield from where they were playing.

I edited above. He didn't hit it hard at all...didn't get a good look. You are correct.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
I have to imagine Gavin (like most pitchers) were good hitters growing up and in high school, so why when they bat even for just a sac bunt do they look so awkward?

I played soccer almost my entire life until I finished high school. I was pretty good too. 6 years later without touching the ball much I look/feel extremely awkward just trying to juggle the ball. Trapping and receiving hard passes even worse. You just lose that confidence and "touch."

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Another example of a guy who is about to get sent down, or outright released pitching a workman like gem around our inability to hit and our stupidity on the basepaths. We are efficient at one thing, generating outs quickly and quietly.

That's a good way to put it. The Sox generate outs with the best of 'em.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Man Sox are about to get right back in the race and half of this thread is melting down over no runs scored through 3 innings.

And with that 8k posts.

Cause the offense continues to do nothing and the dreaded Central Division games are coming.

This offense is horrible.