White Sox vs Cubs First Pitch 1:20 CT

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
I'd say he has absolutely no pressure, as they can't really take it away from him.

It'd be embarrassing, though, to be a .230 hitter in the AS game.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Three lazy groundballs. And no working of the counts. Sigh...

It's been a pathetic series for the hitters in Wrigley except for late game in Game One.

Maybe second time around against someone featuring absolutely nothing in his arsenal. You know, if this was just line drives that were snagged I would understand. But there is no reason we are dribbling ground balls out to various infielders. You know I am used to the crappy offense until summer, and then we ride the home run express for a few months to pad our numbers. I am not used to the crappy all around offense.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
I don't follow prospects at all, but I thought Viciedo's big liability was defense...was I incorrect?

At third base he was not so great. A general rule of thumb is that you take any infielder and move him to the outfield he will be pretty solid. Of course there are exceptions (i.e. Soriano), but generally they perform better in the outfield.

He also has a plus arm..so if he can judge a fly ball, he would be an improvement. I have not heard any issues with him out there in making the routine play.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
This game has the dreaded "we won the first two games of the series and don't give a s*** about today" feel to it...

Which is simply unacceptable when you're .500 and 84 games into the season. You're playing a real POS team today and need this sweep. Instead we truck out a wretched lineup.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
This game has the dreaded "we won the first two games of the series and don't give a s*** about today" feel to it...

I disagree. It's the same I've seen from the offense over and over.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Great stop by Pena, but horrible throw. It's almost like what he did AFTER the grab was an error.

That's an incredibly hard throw from that angle after expending all your energy to dive, especially since he has to hit a moving target.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
I don't recall this from yesterday, but did Dunn have to make any plays minus that one single hit to him yesterday in RF?

If I'm not mistaken, the Cubs hit it once to each of our outfielders. Other then that, it was a pitcher's game.