Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:35 AM)
Gavin just hasn't been sharp for several starts now

Our pitchers are gassed. Peavy admitted he's fatigued. You have to blame this on the offense, as it's unreal the amount of stress our starters have had to deal with this season.

I will take great pleasure when the following personnel are no longer part of this organization:

Ozzie Guillen

Kenny Williams

Buddy Bell

Jerry Reinsdorf ( He can't live forever, can he? )

AJ Pierzynski

Don Cooper

Greg Walker

Gavin Floyd

Alex Rios

Adam Dunn

Mark Teahen

I'm in a really bad mood right now, I'm sure there are about 5-10 more missing from this list

i'm just effing disgusted.

My grandmother and I ALONE could beat the sox--as long as we strolled into the cell wearing twins away jerseys.

I don't know what the answer is... but they'd better damn well find it. and SOON.

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)
I dont blame the pitchers at all. Giving up 5 runs in an AL game isnt even that bad. Its just with the Sox offense 5 runs seems insurmountable.

7 runs in 3.2 innings after being given a 5-1 run lead in the first is terrible. If you watched the game tonight, it was even worse for Gavin than the line score shows.

Does anybody else get the feeling that Kenny has probably gone to Jerry and said, "we have to do something Jerry...this ain't working with Ozzie..." and Jerry's blind loyalty to Ozzie tells him tough s***skis?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)
I will take great pleasure when the following personnel are no longer part of this organization:

Ozzie Guillen

Kenny Williams

Buddy Bell

AJ Pierzynski

Don Cooper

Greg Walker

Gavin Floyd

Alex Rios

Adam Dunn

Mark Teahen

I'm in a really bad mood right now, I'm sure there are about 5-10 more missing from this list

My list would be:

KW

Alex Rios

Ozzie

Greg Walker

Juan Pierre

Alex Rios

Tony Pena

Alex Rios

Jake Peavy

I first checked on the game right after the 1st inning and saw much to my surprise that the Sox lead 5-1, but I told my daughter, "Don't be too excited. They won't score any more and they'll lose". This sh*t is so f***ing predictable. BLOW THIS TEAM UP!!!!!!!

I wasnt commenting specifically on this game. I was saying that the problem is that the Sox pitching has a razor thing margin. They just dont get many games where the Sox get 5 runs plus. Every pitcher will have their off days, weeks, months etc, but you hope that the hitting picks them up once in a while.

Sox staff just has to be unbelievable dominatnt to win.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:33 AM)
Why did Ozzie do something strange in the 4th? Because hes Ozzie. I honestly feel hes cost us a significant amount of games, but it seems like nothing is changing. Not even sure what they should do, Id trade a bunch of guys, get rid of coaches and see what happens. Probably still be around 500 but at least not annoying.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)

Ozzie Guillen

Kenny Williams

Buddy Bell

AJ Pierzynski

Don Cooper

Greg Walker

Gavin Floyd

Alex Rios

Adam Dunn

Mark Teahen

1.) Agreed. There should be a housecleaning starting with Oz and KW at the break. Fire Ozzie and give him time to negotiate with Florida, let Baines manage the team the rest of the year for fun, then pick the best guy in offseason. Let that Hahn guy replace KW and start dealing and dealing.

2.) I would agree, except I'd keep AJ for a straight platoon with Castro. I'd add several other players to dump as well as the ones you mentioned. Rios, Dunn, Teahen are good starts, plus Juan, Omar, Lilly, etc.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:42 AM)
I wasnt commenting specifically on this game. I was saying that the problem is that the Sox pitching has a razor thing margin. They just dont get many games where the Sox get 5 runs plus. Every pitcher will have their off days, weeks, months etc, but you hope that the hitting picks them up once in a while.

Sox staff just has to be unbelievable dominatnt to win.

Oh badger, I'm right there with you then. Some guys have gone 7 innings, 3 runs lately, and it seems like they gave us no chance to win.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)

Ozzie Guillen

Kenny Williams

Buddy Bell

Jerry Reinsdorf

AJ Pierzynski

Don Cooper

Greg Walker

Gavin Floyd

Alex Rios

Adam Dunn

Mark Teahen

Gordon Beckham (I want him down in AAA, not out of the organization)

mine

the thing is, I really like Ozzie Guillen. He's a very charismatic manager and a fun guy. And it's not even all the mistakes, because managers make a lot of them. It's the unwillingness to change; he manages like a veteran player, not a veteran manager.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
Id be fine with just getting rid of Ozzie and giving all the players a fresh start to prove that they deserve to be on the team.

If they dont shape up, anyone I could move would be gone.

Unless you get rid of the entire staff (sans Coop)...it won't make any difference IMO.

I loved Ozzie, but he needs to be fresh and excited. Hes worn out with the Sox, its just a job. I actually think hed do better on another team, he needs a change of scenery.

Its just everyone seems to be afraid of change, weve been together so long, what if nothing else is the same?

Like a bad relationship that no one is brave enough to end.

(edit)

Id let the new manager select his coaches, if he wanted coop, baines, walker or whatever Id let them make that choice. new coach, he gets to choose his staff, im not getting involved.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
I loved Ozzie, but he needs to be fresh and excited. Hes worn out with the Sox, its just a job. I actually think hed do better on another team, he needs a change of scenery.

Its just everyone seems to be afraid of change, weve been together so long, what if nothing else is the same?

Like a bad relationship that no one is brave enough to end.

You go badger :notworthy

You can't be afraid of going out and finding someone who may be worse than what you currently have, as long as you give yourself a chance to find something better.

Last year was defined by Jenks blowing the save and Thome walking off Thornton. The Twins' still use that bomb as one of their main highlights in their opening montage to every broadcast.

This year, that shot tonight by Hughes against Ohman will probably be the end.

Don't like the report that D. Boston and Edwin Jackson were in the dugout at the end of the game joking around and laughing. Not when you've just lost 30 out of 37 games to your main rival.

Ozzie now 58-77 against Gardenhire. In early 2009, he was 51-47.